Notices

day 2.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 2.

Day 2 and feeling alright just a little foggy. The withdrawal to cigarettes sucks. I feel hungry and angry and have a tightness in my sternum. But I'm still marching on I cant stand ciggs anymore I walk up a flight of stairs and I'm winded. I think quiting ciggs will be harder then the alcohol especially since a lot of people around me smoke . Such a gross habit and very expensive .
Old 09-09-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

hang in there and very nice to meet you im soberwolf welcome

it will get better in next 48-72h i swear your doing it hang on
Old 09-09-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I stopped smoking 20 years ago. After the first couple weeks, I never thought about smoking again.

Great decision!
Old 09-09-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm just trying to take my life back and these 2 things are holding me back . All this beer and smoking and being lazy made me so out of shape . I'm making a drastic change ! No pain no gain
Old 09-09-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through!!
Old 09-09-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

day 2 beer or cigs? Or both?
hang on 4u myson.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's really easy. You just dont know it yet !

Hang tough 4U !!!

Just make it to Day 4 and ALL the Nicotiene is out of your body ! From day 5 onward its very doable ! You have it licked then !!!

I quit cigs on 1/10/2012 and havnt looked back !

Scream !!!...Scratch!!!...and CLAW !!!...your way to the end of Day 4 and it's in the bag !!!

Make the end of day 4 and the craves will reduce DRASTICALLY !!!! It's all in your head after that...and you're already 1/2 way there !!!

Dave

Smoke free since 1/10/2012, Alcohol free since 9/1/2014 and it just keeps getting better !!!
Old 09-09-2014, 02:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've just entered week 3 of no booze and no smokes. i've tried quitting smoking so many times before, but always failed when I felt comfortable enough to think I could drink without smoking.

The two really go hand in hand, and somehow, quitting both at the same time has made it so much easier. Cravings for one or the other still take turns, depending on the situation, but somehow my brain has managed to get itself out with the following:

Craving a smoke? "I haven't had any alcohol, so I definitely don't need to give in to this crave" (that's the nice version, in my head it's more like: "I'm not drunk so STFU", or "If I start with cigarettes, I'll be drinking again in no time and I definitely don't want to do that"

Craving a drink? "Can't have a drink or I'll get wasted tonight and smoke a pack while I'm at it"

So in some way, quitting smoking is making me not drink and quitting drinking is making me not smoke.

A
Old 09-09-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 2 of quiting smoking and drinking. And I totally get what your saying leeloo. Basically I was thinking the same thing. So far the worse withdrawals are from smoking . Very dizzy at times have a tightness on my stomach my mouth is so watery it drives me crazy. My chest kills me at times but I know it's all worth it. I was getting to a point during every cigarette I hated it and just wished I didn't smoke. These past 2 months I quit smoking and drinking so many times. My girlfriend thinks I'm sick in the head because of this but about 2 nights out of every week I would get down right hammered and quit smoking the next day . In my head thinking this is the last time but 2 or 3 days later do it all over again. This time something clicked and I'm ready this time . Maybe all my failed attempts finally made me ready I don't know. But im taking charge and taking back my life !
Old 09-09-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad to see you on day 2- keep it up!