Notices

Seriously!! Now?!?

Old 09-09-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seriously!! Now?!?

Another week passes without a drink. Too busy to notice. Up at 6:30am because the window man is supposed to be here between 8-9am. It has been so hot and dry here.

Until today, when window man is supposed to be here. It is pouring rain, wind and fog. This is just great. I would normally be thrilled about a break in the weather. Not so today. I can't believe this. Now the realtor just called and the window dude will probably not come today, which means I get to get up at 6:30am again tomorrow. Ack!!!

On top of that, I packed my clothes to take with me on Saturday. Yep, all my warm stuff is at the bottom of my overstuffed suitcase because it is cold at the cabin. Isn't this grand. My washer overflowed a few days ago, flooding the laundry room!!!

My irritation, upset and anxious level is peaking. Can anything ever go right???

Freaking and peaking!!! Vent!!!!!
Old 09-09-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Vent away! It will be over soon!!!
Old 09-09-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hey Raider - sorry you're having another craptastic day!
When days like this happen - I have to laugh. I have to believe that someone, something is testing my patience for a reason. It isn't always easy, it's easy to want to snap and freak out and rant and rave...but I force myself to see the bigger picture.
I chuckle to myself and say "really? are you freaking kidding me??!!"
STAY STRONG
Old 09-09-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ahahah real world kiddo real world and you are living it. hahaaha what no dog to pee on something or the cat barffed up.. hahaahah put my shoe on today walked around this morning sniff sniff is that old cheese what the hey .. yep Miss kitty needed my shoe before me.. ekekekke now at work and thenk god I can take them off under my desk and the air is on hahahahahahaha go team go I want to go to the cabin .. have a grand day out.. hugs wisconsin
Old 09-09-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I once had a day back in the 90's that was my worst in sobriety up to then so I took off work early and rushed to a 5pm meeting rehearsing my rant the whole way. I chaired and following the readings a very distraught girl shared between sobs that she was just diagnosed with breast cancer at age 27. Immediately my focus went from myself to "what can we do to help?". I didn't share --phone numbers and hugs were exchanged and to this day I can't recall what I was upset about.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

that pretty much sums it up. @ ardy
laugh - even when you don't WANT to. Find the humour.
be grateful you have a washer that flooded (I know, it sounds ridiculous!)...be happy you have warmer clothes, although they are packed at the bottom of the suitcase.

these are all the things I literally have to FORCE myself to see in order to change my brain. Even when you want to just tell someone to "pi$$ off" - laugh.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was having a couple of weeks like that a while ago and to top it all I stepped on dog poop right at the entrance of my office. I couldn't do anything but laugh, life has a way... Doesn't it. The pendulum should swing back soon and everything will start getting better. Nothing to drink over chica!!!
Old 09-09-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I will raise you your rain and fog for my broken icemaker fan on a $3500. fridge that just went off of warranty August 13...

I will see your overflow washer with my sewer back up into the master bath shower and main bathroom tub....getting up at 4AM to haul out buckets of backed up neighbor's toilet (i live in a townhouse) was better than mopping it up with towels, the lesser or 2 evils.

I will match your getting up early tomorrow with my living room currently empty and 1/2 painted with a few things in the middle of the room because my hired help (my nephew) abandoned my project as he would up in the hospital last week..

oh and the dog peed on the floor yesterday because i could not get home fast enough.

I have a sharp corner table in my bedroom in front of the dresser that I cannot get to so i have piles of laundry all over.

my house is a mess and I'm not even moving!
Old 09-09-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Hang in there... this too shall pass.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Vent forth Raider!
Old 09-09-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

And packing, what is up with that. I told myself I would bring this and that. Well four boxes later I'm still finding crap I can't "live" without. Like a new bottle of balsamic vinegar?? Really we all know they don't sell in in Washington?? Two purses I have to bring that I have not ever used that are 9 years old. I'll certainly use those?? Really? All this crap is not going to fit in our two trucks. I just can't stop finding stuff I can't do without. I have lost my mind. The grass died in front of the front door, we have dirt appeal perhaps, not curb appeal. Crap!!!!

Oh Fandy. That sucks. At the cabin one time, I flushed the toilet and stepped into the shower, turned on the water, then realized the septic backed up and I was standing in two inches of ****.

I keep plugging away and it doesn't seem to be coming together.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Makes my head hurt. Can you imagine if it was a hangover headache?? Oh no.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

better to be sober always better hang in there raider

you can do this
Old 09-09-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Raider, I want you to repeat after me.

Before you do, get the feet ready...we're gonna stomp

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

stomp, stomp, stomp

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

stomp, stomp

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

stomp
Old 09-09-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
I will raise you your rain and fog for my broken icemaker fan on a $3500. fridge that just went off of warranty August 13...

I will see your overflow washer with my sewer back up into the master bath shower and main bathroom tub....getting up at 4AM to haul out buckets of backed up neighbor's toilet (i live in a townhouse) was better than mopping it up with towels, the lesser or 2 evils.

I will match your getting up early tomorrow with my living room currently empty and 1/2 painted with a few things in the middle of the room because my hired help (my nephew) abandoned my project as he would up in the hospital last week..

oh and the dog peed on the floor yesterday because i could not get home fast enough.

I have a sharp corner table in my bedroom in front of the dresser that I cannot get to so i have piles of laundry all over.

my house is a mess and I'm not even moving!

just love you all to bits hahahahaha laughing so hard Andy the printing guy thinks I am nuts just no squrrils to follow me around
Old 09-09-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

A man comes over that specializes in pet urine. Last week he comes and just sprays the pee. Now as the pee crystals are breaking up, it smells like a locker room in here. I layer down sheets on the floor where we usually have the problem. Hahaha. Now one peed on the sheet. Rotten dogs. I took all my jewelry and put in the safety deposit box except for two or three small pieces....put the one necklace on I kept out, and the CLASP broke!! What the.......

9:48am......where is window man!! ********!!!

Fandy, I had all these flowery glade plug ins to keep the house fresh. Urine man says get rid of all the flowery scents, it brings out the urine smell ��. Replace all the scents with cinnamon. Cinnamon-Bon scent works, but I like the cinnamon apple. Removes the urine smell, I guarantee it.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

And on top of all that

MY FAT JEANS FIT...........
Old 09-09-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
And on top of all that

MY FAT JEANS FIT...........
Omigosh, that's too funny.

Pam, seriously, getting rid of some of the stuff you're holding onto will free you. You don't need the 'stuff'. You will feel lighter and freer without it.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

yup, I agree with Anna....Purge baby PUUUUUUURGE.
Let the balsamic vinegar and 9 year old purses go!
you will feel so much better ridding yourself of "stuff"...I had sneakers that were 15 yrs old (still in ok shape though)...I could not bear to part with them b/c they had "memories"...hahaha are you kidding me? they are SNEAKERS.
When I moved into the apt. with my BF, I had to get rid of so much crap. Like you, clothes I thought "hrm, maybe I will wear those one day"....bags and bags of crapola.
man - it felt damn good.

stuff can be anchoring. let it go.

as for the "fat" jeans....one day they will be too big again. they will.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

The best part of moving is getting rid of crap-purge! And get rid of it raider. Can you imagine doing what you are doing hungover? Horrible thought. Your doing great-