Notices

7 months

Old 09-07-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 months

I have 7 months today and it feels anti-climactiç for some reason. I haven't even told anyone til now. I think it's because sometimes I'm still not sure if I want to keep it going. The benefits are too many to list....I guess I sometimes feel that I should, rather than I really want to. Maybe these feelings are part of the whole process. And right now, I feel like i will stay sober and I won't drink. I need to remind myself how horrible the hangovers were and how I suffered with them. 7 months is pretty amazing, I'm happy I made it this far and I thank you guys totally.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

7 Months is fantastic!!
Old 09-07-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!! I will have a year sober in a couple of weeks. The beginning of sobriety (the first 3-4) months was so exciting because the positive physical changes happened so quickly and were such a good contrast to where I had been. Also, it was SO hard. The cravings were there, I was changing my life and my schedule in so many ways and my sobriety was such a major focus in my life. The middle of this first year (5-9 months) was rough because it wasn't so much a daily challenge . . . the benefits weren't coming so fast and furious and complacent thoughts often set in. Thinking the drink to the end and reflecting on how much my life had changed for the better is what I had to do a lot. Some kind of switch clicked clicked for me around 10 months, where all of the sudden life seemed so much better for me emotionally and mentally. Why would I ever want to put that poison in my body or into my life again makes total sense to me. So, I guess this is my long way of saying, Hang on, the best of sobriety is yet to come, you are just on a little plateau . . . .
Old 09-07-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks so much doubledragons....what you said makes perfect sense and maybe this is why I'm feeling kind of blah. You are right, in the beginning there are so many changes and it all feels so good. Now it's just all mellowed out and feels kinda boring. I just had a boring weekend also, which was totally my doing. I could have made plans. So anyway. ..I am grateful for so much and am looking forward to the future.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good job Happy. I am approaching 7months as well and I get those feelings too. Especially since all my friends are out drinking at the lake or watching a game. The loneliness is horrible sometimes, but like you said I don't miss the hangovers. I have to keep reminding myself that sobriety is way to important to me, my wife and kid. I don't want to deal with that guilt of letting them down again. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this fight!