Notices

Alcohell lied to me....

Old 09-07-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

When I took my first drink at 13 I thought I found the answer to all my pryers, it took my fear and made it strength.. As got older it enabled me to not only be one of the lads in made me the LAD, fast forward 18 or so years and the strength is now absolute fear it has made me the opposite of what it promised.

I have realised that alcohell is the biggest lier on the planet it whispers in my ear that this time it will be great, that this time will be like the good old days. The truth is it wants me dead plain and simple, when you see the truth how could you go back to the lie!!! Happy sober Sunday, hope everyone is well. Peace
Old 09-07-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wonderful post, lionhearted1.
It's when we can truly see alcohol for what it is, we can start to escape it's clutches.

Enjoy your Sunday
Old 09-07-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Brilliant post

Was that wordplay with alcohell

Brilliant
Old 09-07-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks , a good way of thinking about it
Old 09-07-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lionhearted1 View Post
When I took my first drink at 13 I thought I found the answer to all my pryers, it took my fear and made it strength.. As got older it enabled me to not only be one of the lads in made me the LAD, fast forward 18 or so years and the strength is now absolute fear it has made me the opposite of what it promised.

I have realised that alcohell is the biggest lier on the planet it whispers in my ear that this time it will be great, that this time will be like the good old days. The truth is it wants me dead plain and simple, when you see the truth how could you go back to the lie!!! Happy sober Sunday, hope everyone is well. Peace
A post like this scares me so. My little boy (not so little ) will turn 13 in December. I do not want him to fall into the same trap as my XAH fell into. And I fell into myself, yet for the past aprox. 6 months have been sober and plan to stay that way! Unlike his father
Old 09-07-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

I see I'm not the only one who has fallen for the lies. So much about that post I can relate to. I believe every time I relapsed, I was trying to get back to that original euphoria I felt as a teenager, and the (temporary) release from fears and inhibitions. That feeling is gone forever. Not only that, just as you said, alcohol brought those old fears and inhibitions back tenfold. It took getting kicked in the face repeatedly for that to finally sink in. Even so, the thought still crosses my mind from time to time. Such is the nature of addiction and why we must always stay vigilant. I have to make myself stop and remember that alcohol promises nothing to me now but misery and death.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thats the absolute truth. Im with you. I fear alcohol because i know what it is capable of doing. And yes, years ago i enjoyed drinking. It was fun, moderate and didnt affect my life. Now it completely destroys everything and i cant remember the last time i enjoyed having a drink. Honestly it has to have been atleast 5 years ago.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It promises so much, and delivers very little!!

Great post!!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great post! Thank you Lionhearted. I wasted a lot of my life believing that lie ...
Old 09-07-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well said, Lionhearted!
Old 09-07-2014, 02:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Thanks Lionheart

I love reading posts that I can totally refer to.

That is why I love this site!
Old 09-07-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Soooo true!!
Old 09-07-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

For me, it did seem like a wonderful cure for shyness & anxiety. In the end I was isolated and in fear of everything. Lion, thankfully you found out the truth many years before I did! Thanks for a valuable post.