Notices

90 Days today - do you recall?

Old 09-06-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudgin

90 Days today - do you recall?

I am always humbled as SR friends take of their time and share from their hearts. Truly amazing, grace.

Today as I reflect on brief sobriety of 90 days, I am struck by the power of this site and GROUP.

Being social animals, WE help each other during times of cheer and sorrow.

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts about their perceptions at 90 days of sobriety. Or you plan to get to 90 days, please.

Together, we can achieve what individually may be out of reach!!!!

Warm Regards,
Flynbuy
Old 09-06-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi flyn. I had over 90 days earlier in the year. I had focused on this as a goal. I think that was a mistake. I faltered shortly after I had ' achieved ' my goal. A day at a time is the way for me to go. Congratulations to you.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Carlygirl View Post
Hi flyn. I had over 90 days earlier in the year. I had focused on this as a goal. I think that was a mistake. I faltered shortly after I had ' achieved ' my goal. A day at a time is the way for me to go. Congratulations to you.
Inspirational words....
Yes, one day is all we have whether at 9 days, 90 days or many years. The grace is simply a daily reprieve......

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm at 45ish, amazing in and of itself.....90???? Wow and great work, I can't belive I made 7 days, never mind 14 or 30, we'll see.......
Old 09-06-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Gronk View Post
I'm at 45ish, amazing in and of itself.....90???? Wow and great work, I can't belive I made 7 days, never mind 14 or 30, we'll see.......
Hi Gronk! Great job!!

What is your plan of attack each day???

Thanks for the post!
Old 09-06-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think I had a sense of mild surprise and a bit of pleased accomplishment, although I wasn't looking at ninety days as a goal. If you are shooting for a certain number of days as a goal it gives that alcohol brain an "out" that's a little risky. My goal is to stay sober, not to stay sober until such-and-such a date.

There is a certain amount of "wow, maybe this is going to actually stick" at the 90-day mark, and that is good and normal, but it's another day like any other and it's kind of rocking the boat to get too high about any one day, if you get my meaning.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 90 days!! I will have a year sober at the end of this month. The first 90 days were the toughest physically and craving wise. Be careful that you don't get complacent in the next months to come. Your AV will try to convince you that you are now in control. You will forget how hard it was to quit and stay quit. It has only been in the last couple of months that I have really had the mental shift where I see myself never drinking alcohol again and being at peace with that decision.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done flynbuy feels good doesn't it
Old 09-06-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

90 Days is fantastic!! Keep it going!!
Old 09-06-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm at day 118 now. I just wanna keep on plugging along
I try not to think about tomorrow. I'm really just doing my best to focus on TODAY. And tackle tomorrow, tomorrow. I like that the NOT drinking is making me do this and approach life a bit differently. Learning to slow down and appreciate the smaller things. It isn't just about NOT drinking anymore for me, but about truly living my life being present and grateful.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Jupiters View Post
I'm at day 118 now. I just wanna keep on plugging along
I try not to think about tomorrow. I'm really just doing my best to focus on TODAY. And tackle tomorrow, tomorrow. I like that the NOT drinking is making me do this and approach life a bit differently. Learning to slow down and appreciate the smaller things. It isn't just about NOT drinking anymore for me, but about truly living my life being present and grateful.

Great summation! Yes, these are the keys that unlock the door for me as well.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

TOGETHER we stay sober.....
Old 09-06-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Flynbuy, 90 days sober is FANTASTIC, congratulations.
Well said, SR is the best place there is for support, rootin for ya.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations to you!

And, I do remember the 90 day mark for myself. It was in mid-December and we were going to be visiting family on the other side of the country for Christmas. Until that day, I wondered if I'd be healthy enough to make the trip, and on Day 90, I knew I could and would. And, it was one of the best Christmases ever.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm somewhere near there and am physically better than I was 90 days ago for sure. As for what I do everyday it's simple--I Don't Drink.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Congratulations to you!

And, I do remember the 90 day mark for myself. It was in mid-December and we were going to be visiting family on the other side of the country for Christmas. Until that day, I wondered if I'd be healthy enough to make the trip, and on Day 90, I knew I could and would. And, it was one of the best Christmases ever.
That is good to hear! Christmas is slightly over 3 months away and by grace I hope my today's will add up to 6 months. My daughter and family/grandkids will be here. Really looking forward to it ......Sober!!
Old 06-09-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Older Fly to younger fly.........

Originally Posted by Fly N Buy View Post
I am always humbled as SR friends take of their time and share from their hearts. Truly amazing, grace.

Today as I reflect on brief sobriety of 90 days, I am struck by the power of this site and GROUP.

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts about their perceptions at 90 days of sobriety. Or you plan to get to 90 days, please.

Together, we can achieve what individually may be out of reach!!!!

Warm Regards,
Flynbuy

Dear Old Fly -
Today new Fly has two years of continuous sobriety, but yes I can recall getting to 90 days. I hope that never leaves me. There were some white knuckle moments and hanging on, certainly. However around this time the obsession to drink dissipated markedly.

In no small part, friends on SR helped get me to that point. No one asked me to leave - ignored at times yes. But I was never told to get out.

Thank you - the ravings of a drunk in early sobriety are brutal.

Keep coming back FlynBuy - 90 days is a very good start! I think you can do this and one day be the change you witness in others.

Easy does it my friend, one day at a time....

Best,
New Fly........
Old 06-09-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

TWO YEARS...WOW !

THAT is an inspiration to me!

Thanks for posting FNB !!!

Congratulations !!!

DD
Old 06-09-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days!! Looking back to 90 days (which was only 6 or so months ago for me) it was actually thanksgiving! I was very thankful that I was 90 days sober and yet, very unsure if I was going to be able to keep it up! Low and behold, here I am 6 months plus later and still sober....... Try to Remember, everyday is another opportunity not to drink or use and feel even better. I am reminded of this by the others here who keep posting "1yr....." "18months"
Thanks for this post!
Old 06-09-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

New Fly - I love it - very clever. I felt very much the same at 90 days. I'm glad Old Fly never gave up.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Oh my. Congrats on 2 years!!! See how my misunderstanding has turned right around to be an inspiration! What a great day!