Notices

Im Scared

Old 09-05-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Im Scared

My family is wanting to basicly run there own rehab program which I was against until now which I'm still scared...my mom and finace want to Wong me off pills because honestly they seen me yesterday and it broke there hearts but like I told them yall seen me at my worst and everyday isn't like that. So here's there plan they want me to let my brother run my business for a few weeks and me stat home with my mother here when my fiancé is working take my cell phone ECT and they said I'm welcome to get on here only!!! And they would begin giving half my usual amount which is 5 a day for a week then drop it week after week for a month and mother wants me and the fiancé to get back in church which I highly agree on..but I'm scared of failure
Old 09-05-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nothing they do will matter unless you are ready to suffer it through.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Read that 2 wolves story again as that story went thru my soul .... Brother I know you can do this
Old 09-05-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TitansFreak View Post
My family is wanting to basicly run there own rehab program which I was against until now which I'm still scared...my mom and finace want to Wong me off pills because honestly they seen me yesterday and it broke there hearts but like I told them yall seen me at my worst and everyday isn't like that. So here's there plan they want me to let my brother run my business for a few weeks and me stat home with my mother here when my fiancé is working take my cell phone ECT and they said I'm welcome to get on here only!!! And they would begin giving half my usual amount which is 5 a day for a week then drop it week after week for a month and mother wants me and the fiancé to get back in church which I highly agree on..but I'm scared of failure
First I want to say that is it so great you have your family behind you. Their support, church, staying by you to watch over you are all great things. However, unless they are medical doctors, I would not leave it up to them to hand out pills at degrading intervals or anything of the sort. I know they mean well and it is totally evident that you do too, but this is a serious medical issue that requires the supervision of a professional. If you think you can go cold turkey I'd go ahead and take them up on the support and supervision. If you feel you need something more I would highly recommend speaking to a doctor. Best of luck. Stay strong!
Old 09-05-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Titans - on the other thread you just said you are on day 9? This whole family detox sounds like a bad idea to me. You haven't taken ANY opis for 9 days? I was still sick at 9 days, but it was NOTHING compared to say days 2-4. Going back on the opis for a taper is the same thing I told myself at least a hundred times and it failed every time. If someone needs to watch your business while you recover that seems like a decent idea to me, but I don't know why you would be looking to taper now. Church is great too.

If you are still as sick today as you were in the beginning then I would seriously go see a doctor to see what is going on.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm thinking a medical Dr. needs to be involved. While I appreciate your family is worried and wants to help, they are not medical Dr's.
I have a brother who is an opiate addict - I would never attempt doing this for him.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yup. if you were off them for 9 days, why go back on a taper now? Go see a Dr. Unless mom and dad are MD's, this is probably not going to work out well.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What does your Dr. say? I would not do anything at all unless a Dr. is consulted.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

If they want to help, maybe they will send you to a "real" rehab. Where professionals will give you the tools to get and stay clean.

Having your mom and gf run your taper program...that is a recipe for resentment, big time.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree. It's good that your family is supportive, but you need to talk to your dr about what's going on with your withdrawal. I wish you well.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think you need to decide if you really want to quit. If you do, I think seeing a medical doctor and going into a rehab program he/she suggests is the only option that will be successful.

A family-run rehab I feel is doomed to fail. Last night, I read a thread you wrote and you have serious and long-running addiction problems, you also said you are 1/2 Cherokee. My mother was a social worker for the Minnesota Sioux Tribe and you must know alcohol and drug addictions are rife in Native American populations and partly, as far as alcohol goes, you don't have the long history with alcohol as other races do. You could even get help from the Cherokee Nation. As 1/2 Cherokee you should qualify for benefits with them.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well I slipped I ran across three tabs and feel incredibly stupid please don't reply with I feel sorry for you because I knew I should have flushed them...as for my families rehab idea I told them no...and as far as a real rehab this is how I feel about that they can't offer me better support as of NOW then my family can and I have a huge authority problem that being said I most likely will get kicked out..and about the Cherokee Nation we are moving to a reservation in 4 months and I'll receive my benefits and so will my family my ol lady is 1/4 Cherokee...now I know I have reset my sobriety clock and for that I'm not sorry but disappointed in myself for not flushing them
Old 09-05-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do this you are human don't beat yourself up its happened try again

2 wolves
Old 09-05-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Go at things again, the past is in the past, you can't change it, but you can change where to go from here moving forward!!

A Dr opinion on withdrawals is probably a good idea though, just to be safe!!