Notices

First temptation

Old 09-04-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First temptation

Husband is a non drinker. May very occasionally have 1 beer at dinner if I did. He doesn't know I'm quitting for good and on day 4. He knew I drank but hid it very well from him. All off a sudden this man has a case of beer in the frig and had one in front of me tonight!!! Icould even smell it. Nope I'm not going backwards!!!

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
Old 09-04-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're very brave for being able to do that. That takes some serious courage and willpower.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Time to tell your husband of your decision to be Sober, how does a husband and wife survive without sharing the important decisions??

Surely marriage is about sharing the big decisions!!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you! Stay strong. Isn't life just so funny??? Sometimes you have to wonder about the little tests. If the beer does bother you, and he's a rare drinker, ask him to take it out of the house. It shouldn't matter to him right? Tell him you are stopping or not- but just don't put your progress in jeopardy so early on.

Good for you on day 4!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi alynn when I moved back home from Greece my dad was back on the scene and my mum was sober for over 10 years and my mum didn't have a problem with him drinking and I would enforce to the point of argument with my mother that what he was doing in front of an alcoholic was wrong this was before my alcoholism there was a time I didn't drink at all

Anyway point is the alcoholic will say its ok I say for me its disrespectful because I hate it so much its literally has destroyed my family tree grandparents and beyond

To drink in front of an alcoholic and to get completely wasted is wrong

I'm not asking for ppl to agree with me I don't want ppl to disagree with me this is my feelings on it

I think its wrong but the alcoholic will argue its ok I hope not but oh well here we go
Old 09-04-2014, 07:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ya I do plan on talking to him soon. He only drinks one at a time like some kind of normal person lol. Honestly it's not bothering me. I know for a fact it's a test! I believe satan is very real and knows how to set a good snare. Also know the one who conquered him. Husband would never get drunk. Even when we vacation at all inclusive resorts he drinks cokes! Lol

Old 09-04-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

BTW. My first thought was at least I have someone to talk about this with now! Thank you guys!

Old 09-04-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job. I would talk to him about it. Ive had many conversations with my wife on the subject. It takes a lot for a non drinker to understand.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thought you might say that alynn your a strong woman I respect that a lot

I know alcohol is the devil incarnate that's why it will never be allowed in my home again I completely understand you

Don't be tempted by having it in the house or inside your bf

My gf holds my views in fact she enforces it she's like look what it done to you why would I do that at all

Everybody is different I understand completely tho this is something you need to do

I respect that
Old 09-04-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ya I highly doubt it will become a regular thing. Only a few left and I want him to see that not going to touch them. If it happened again I'll say something.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's a good idea to let your husband know alynn - hanging on to secrets like that can really become a dead weight after a while?

D