Step 12 ACOA Red Book

Old 09-04-2014, 02:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Step 12 ACOA Red Book

Final step . . . .

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others who still suffer, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

I think SR gives us a good template to do this. I have always been so grateful to those who reached out to me when I was so lost and needed focus, compassion and unconditional love. I find myself varying in degrees of how much I have to offer others. I am trying to get used to a "new normal". The old me used to do a lot of "helping" (read: trying to control) others at the expense of ever taking a look at a lot of my issues and nurturing myself. So balance and motivation (making sure there are no control or manipulation issues going on with me) are on-going issues as I continue with my recovery . . . .
Old 09-05-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I got involved in service work fairly early in Alanon, which has given me a way to channel all my "helping" impulses into a productive outlet. Wednesday I went to the family night at the local rehab and did outreach work, which was very rewarding. Reaching out through SR also gives me an opportunity to help people who are actually looking for advice.