Notices

I have corks in my light socket!!

Old 09-02-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
birddog

I have corks in my light socket!!

I changed a light bulb in my kitchen this evening and when I unscrewed the light bulb from the high hat a Prosecco cork fell out. The cork was stuck between the bulb and the side of the high hat. That must have been some night. I laughed, not a knee slapping belly laugh, just a "geez, what the heck is wrong with me" laugh. You know you have a problem when you have Prosecco corks falling out of your light sockets. I guess I am lucky that the cork did not catch fire from the heat of the light bulb.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Springtime. Cleaning the grille and finding shooter bottles in it. Some empty some full. Man that would have been some jerk chicken. By jerk, i mean me.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I swear a couple of years ago we were all hanging out at my buddies garage, watching/helping him work on his '57, and my dog was thirsty. I found a half full bottle of Ozarka water in his garage fridge and poured it for my dog. She took one whiff and wouldn't touch it. I knew she was thirsty, and didn't know what was up. I smelled it and realized it was Vodka. Nobody has admitted to ownership of the bottle to this day.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
birddog

Normar: Smart dog.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by birddog406 View Post
I changed a light bulb in my kitchen this evening and when I unscrewed the light bulb from the high hat a Prosecco cork fell out. The cork was stuck between the bulb and the side of the high hat. That must have been some night. I laughed, not a knee slapping belly laugh, just a "geez, what the heck is wrong with me" laugh. You know you have a problem when you have Prosecco corks falling out of your light sockets. I guess I am lucky that the cork did not catch fire from the heat of the light bulb.
I have no clue whatsoever what a Prosecco cork is. Sounds like an expensive brand.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

matt - it's an Italian brut.
Yeah, I'm sure there is still a hidden gem around my place somewhere waiting to be found.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Lol, birddog thank you for this post and a morning chuckle!
Old 09-03-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
birddog

Like all wine, you can get expensive brands and cheap brands. I went for the $9.** range. As long as it was cold and had bubbles, it was good enough for me. The cork had been stuck between the the high hat and bulb so long that the brand wore off. I was actually curious of the brand but could not tell. Didn't matter. Threw it out and moved on.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
birddog

Lol, yes LBrain, you could difinitely call it a hidden gem. Not as embarrassing as the little gems I have texted, thank goodness.