Notices

What's you plan for today? Just for one day.

Old 09-02-2014, 04:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What's you plan for today? Just for one day.

We often talk in terms of the broad sweeping strokes of recovery (well, I often do anyway), as to what we "will" do to get better. We'll go to meetings, or meditate more, do such and such less.
I often find the folly in this for myself is it's like the "eat better" or "exercise more" of weight loss. Without a plan, eat better can look like a thousand different things, and it's easy to get overwhelmed.

So, just for today, what is your hard and fast plan to stay sober? Are you going to an AA meeting at First United at 730 tonight? Are you reading pages 25 to 50 of the Big Book? Are you completing a meditation at 10 this morning? Are you researching AVRT when you get home from work at 5? Who are the people that you will call if you need? What will you do if you get a craving?
Old 09-02-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My plan looks something like this:
Get up. Do yoga and meditation between 530 and 630. Surf SR with coffee until around 730. After work, I will drag DH for a hike and then keep my hands and mind busy by baking some bread. I will read the book I'm into (her best kept secret) for about 1/2 hour before bed.
If I get a craving, I have some pomegranate juice with seltzer water and some good herbal tea. If I start to feel anxious, I have an herbal supplement that helps, and a skipping rope to burn energy.
If I need "intervention", I'll sign onto SR and read some of the stories here.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I started my day with the thought of the day from
The 24 hour book. I will keep this in my mind. I will say the serenity prayer a million times today. I will share my experience strength and hope with anyone that crosses my path, that asks for help, with my HP help. I will keep the first 164 close. I text my sponsor, and other close AA friends. I have been to 4 meetings in 3 days (yay me!!!!) so I am not sure I will hit one tonight. And most off all, I will remind myself that this recovery that I am in, is the direct result of a change that I made, no one forced me to do it, but the consequences grew. The list of yets shrunk. Thank god I am sober today!
Old 09-02-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Today is my kids 1st day back let school. Though my daughter of 4 doesn't start part-time till the middle of the month & full-time till the end of the month.

I've done some chores, had coffee with a friend & been to the shops. My daughters teacher is coming by this afternoon tw meet her & then I'll do the school run, dinner, laundry etc.

I plan on looking into natural sleep & headache remedies and watch a documentary once I've put the kids to bed this evening - i need the distraction. I'll be on here and cleaning frantically if things get hard!
Old 09-02-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Today, my plan is to do as little as possible and to sleep as much as possible. Everyone should have a designated day of "rest."

I highly recommend it.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Work, then grocery shopping, then go for a walk, then out to dinner with my wife and father-in-law.

Oh - and I am going to starve the friggin' liar living in my head.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am safely at work all day, where all my attention will be focused once I post this. I'm on Day 2 and find it odd that being here and reading brought up a bit of a craving. So I either need to read MORE tonight to help myself get past that (you know, just being ON a site like this sort of brings the thought to the forefront, while at the same time giving support and information on overcoming the craving and keeping going) or leave off for a bit. We'll see what happens when I get home. First day of school things to concentrate on with the kids, pre-op evening for my mother, who has surgery tomorrow. Cooking her a really nice dinner tonight as it will be several weeks before she's home again. If the little guy gets on my nerves, I'll take the dog for a walk or meditate for a while, or hop on the elliptical machine. Best to turn my former reasons for drinking back to exercise.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

today I'm posting and reading a bit on SR. I got up at 5am and got ready for my day and prepared things for my daughters' first day back to school. I crept into their room while they were sleeping and took a couple pics of them, smiled at their peaceful faces, reflected on the years with gratitude.

When they woke up we ate, got dressed and went to watch the sunrise. Then I took them to my Lady's house and we picked her up and brought them to catch the bus.

I'm going to do some work, I spent some time focusing on my intentions - for the day, the week, the future. I'll go to the gym and I'll work in a run and I might get a haircut.

I won't drink, because that's not consistent with my intent to make the most of this day I've been blessed with. I'll pick up my girls after school and we'll go do something fun. Maybe get ice cream.

Today my plan is to be sober because that brings me a lot of joy.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

work (BLAH), dentist apt at 4pm (DOUBLE BLAH)...then home to force myself to workout for a min. of 30min.
I normally walk to work but was so tired this morning I didn't. Now I feel just out of sorts and miserable.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Washed the dog (no bath escapes lol)
Weeded the garden I do this weekly its a mini workout
Hoovered the entire house
Prepared chicken for dinner (stripping the fat etc)
Looked and applied for work
Sorting out cheapest internet deal
Cleaned the bathroom

I'm not joking but this is a quiet day and I've loved it here comes my gf yay
Old 09-02-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Drive, take my medication and vitamins. And guzzle Diet Coke.
Eating regularly keeps me on a good track too.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Stay as busy as possible has always worked for me. There is some old saying, I always get these wrong..about having too much time on one hands, devils workshop...Like I said, I'm very bad at recall. (busy yes, but I truly hate house cleaning). I want to get a p/t job so I can hire out. Today having lunch at the elementary school, my son wanted steak and egg noodles, so i'm bringing that up. went to the gym, stopped to purchase organic coconut shreds. Good luck in this town, easier to buy a bale of hay and a horse to go with it. I have to hit amazon to order. Then come hom from the school. straighten up so it doesnt look like when the kids left this a.m. ( they think I do nothing anyway) and cook dinner/homework.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Work, run home and pick up the pup, go to a meeting, stop in to feed horses on the way home, get into my jammies, prepare dinner and check in at SR (read and post a bit), eat dinner, watch Netflix (one episode of House), read, spend a moment to be thankful for and to pray for another 24, and go to sleep ... all gratefully and happily sober!
Old 09-02-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jupiters View Post
work (BLAH), dentist apt at 4pm (DOUBLE BLAH)...then home to force myself to workout for a min. of 30min.
I normally walk to work but was so tired this morning I didn't. Now I feel just out of sorts and miserable.
Your entire post made me giggle. You had long weekend up there too, no?
Old 09-02-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I may go to an AA meeting after work today. There's one not that far from where I live.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mangoes View Post
My plan looks something like this:

If I get a craving, I have some pomegranate juice with seltzer water and some good herbal tea.
LOVE, and use, that very combination all the time!

and it (kinda/sorta) feels like I am making and having a cocktail, 'just like old times', but without the booze, the hangover, the blackouts, and the 9th one made!
Old 09-03-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I really like this thread!!! This was a great idea. I think it would be a good idea for a "Daily thread" (every day) as well for newcomers. I know that even if nobody reads my post, just putting my day's plans into words and writing it down somewhere will help me today!!!

For me, I work from 8 - 4, I'm going to the gym from 4 - 5, going home for dinner from 5 - 7, Going tanning from 7:00-7:30, then hitting a meeting from 8 - 9!

I will also call my sponsor at some point and touch base with people on SR and other sober friends.

Thanks for this!!
Old 09-03-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Focus on work. Especially tough given my pronounced ADD.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

work til 5 - walk home - counselling at 6 - dinner after - then watch part 2 of a HOUDINI show we started last night
Old 09-03-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Today's plan: so far "fly by the seat of my capris" seems to be the deal. Woke up with a miserable cold, missed out of yoga and meditation but had some delightful cuddle time with my cat. Think it will just be a healing day. I'll make a big pot of homemade soup and probably drink an entire box of tea. I will thank the fluid gods that I own a Keurig. Oh yeah, and get through the work day.
Tonight I will read at least a chapter from my book, go for a short walk, and huddle up on the couch with the worst movie I can find.
Best part is my head is so full of yuck I can't even imagine drinking ANYTHING.