Hello quick thread whats everybody up to this week
Old 09-01-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi sober wolf. I'm working this week, first dy back for two weeks, Bedlam, lol
Old 09-01-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudging the Road

Enjoying a holiday Monday, then back to work. A job that might technically suck for most people, but for me I find it enjoyable. And I am grateful for it!
Old 09-01-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
birddog

Today is a holiday, then back to work. I have founded a start up and I have a very busy week ahead. That is a good thing.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Today is a day off for me...yay! Working for a few days and then heading to the ocean for my birthday over the weekend....really psyched about this!
Old 09-01-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

home improvement projects - my living room has been a sad disaster for last 2+ yrs (1/2 the furniture gone - new tv stand & tv has just sat in the boxes) - this week scheduled for new flooring & furniture...i'm excited to finally get it back to presentable shape
Old 09-01-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Today is Labor Day in the US. A national holiday. It is my husband's birthday tomorrow. Today I am taking my 3 kids out to do some shopping. I would like to actually, for the first time, hit a party store and get some decorations and surprise my husband. Never done that before.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
Today is a day off for me...yay! Working for a few days and then heading to the ocean for my birthday over the weekend....really psyched about this!
Happy birthday for next weekend the ocean sounds so nice have fun
Old 09-01-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by soberjuly View Post
Today is Labor Day in the US. A national holiday. It is my husband's birthday tomorrow. Today I am taking my 3 kids out to do some shopping. I would like to actually, for the first time, hit a party store and get some decorations and surprise my husband. Never done that before.
That is amazing really loving this thread you ppl rock !!!
Old 09-01-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by iam2antsy View Post
home improvement projects - my living room has been a sad disaster for last 2+ yrs (1/2 the furniture gone - new tv stand & tv has just sat in the boxes) - this week scheduled for new flooring & furniture...i'm excited to finally get it back to presentable shape
Hello I think this is an amazing project i remember decorating thought I'd never get finished
Old 09-01-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Checking what everybody's doing.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'll be going back to work with renewed resolve after being sent home last week.

I'm going to be thankful for my continued employment. I'm going to introduce myself to several folks at AA via my new home group.

I'm not going to let anything stop me from my goal of having a sober week.

Oh and I'll be posting on SR ALOT!
Old 09-01-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just winding up the Labour Day Weekend here in Canada as well. Had a wonderful weekend with family flown in from all over to celebrate my dad's 85th birthday. Although stressful at times during the preparations (and more than one occasion of sparked triggers with family over silly things...its family people!)...I stayed sober. My father was so emotionally overwhelmed by the surprise...well, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. My sister rented a red convertible mustang and her and I and my young niece toured around hair straight back this afternoon! I was also able to sneak away for a lovely walk by the river with my new amour last night....

Just a great weekend all around. Glad to hear so many others are hanging in happy and sober.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Love this thread I'm with nudawn glad everyone is happy and sober

High 5's
Old 09-01-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I had a quiet weekend. One kid left for school, the other at volunteer gig all weekend. Went to salon and treated myself a bit yesterday. Visited a friend in the hospital today. Came home and went through a pile of mail and bills, phew. Good to feel organized. Decided it was too hot to cook dinner, so made a big salad for when my boy got home. Been working on my Netflix que now with cool mint ice tea. Hope everyone had a good one. Ugh work tomorrow...
Old 09-01-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Crazy busy week ahead of me. So trying to enjoy my last few hours of a long weekend. With my kitty and pizza and some sort of dessert.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do your best

Got to find out more about Netflix I'm hearing it everywhere
Old 09-01-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Weather was iffy here for Labour Day. Went to a small town fall fair and had a blast watching all the great fair stuff.. Cattle conformation, horse pulling, seeing all the chickens and just enjoying agriculture-culture. Went for a great short hike with DH after and just ate so much dinner that I could just curl up and nap. A delicious day filled with nothing, but everything.

Glad to read how many different things everyone had going on today! Good luck to everyone with wee peeps heading back to school tomorrow. for me, it will just be a regular work day. I have to watch out for those, as they're a big stress, but feeling good this week. It being a short week doesn't hurt
Old 09-01-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Got to find out more about Netflix I'm hearing it everywhere
. We just got Apple TV and Netflix, soberwolf. I'm wondering how we did without it, although it's a little bit of a time burner. Finally finding out what all the hullabaloo about Breaking Bad was (a little late to the party as usual).
I'm thinking it will be worth every penny when the dark and bitter days of winter sink in. If you can get it in the UK, check it out. More TVand movies than any human can watch.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Enjoying the fact that Summer is pretty much over. Swatting flies in my truck. Eating more than I ever thought possible since I've stopped drinking. Kickin' back and reading the posts here