Notices

Starting over

Old 09-01-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting over

Day 1. So disgusted with myself. I've gotta kick this. I've never been to AA or looked for help but it's obvious I need help.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Failure Is Not An Option

Good Morning Alynn,

Sounds like you've decided to do something about alcohol. That's a good start. SR is also a good start. Read & post often. Develop a plan. AA's a good place to start. Let the journey begin. Congratulations.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, Alynn. Actually facing that you have a problem and making the jump to day 1 can be difficult.
Spend some time today on SR and figure out some tools to use to make it day 2. Recovery takes work and commitment, and you're more likely to be successful if you make a plan. Reflect a little about who you are, what your beliefs are, and what might work for you. Some people like AA, some like other means of support.
Good luck on your journey...! You've made a great decision coming here
Old 09-01-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am with you. I have been struggling with moderation for years. Everything about my life is so much better without alcohol......I am so happy when I am not drinking. Why can't I learn? there is so much freedom when I dont drink. Addiction is such a prison. I have made ALOT of progress but still I always want to go back and enjoy that "one drink" alongside everyone else. I am 48......and since I was 15 I have been surrounded by alcohol. I know very few epople who don't drink. I don't think I can do AA. I am very private. My husband doesn't want me to drink just because it gives me crazy anxiety and insomnia. But he drinks every night.....a few scotch and waters......and is unaffected. Yoga has been my salvation. I love it when I am healthy. There is no point to this......that's why I don't get why I keep going back. I was up all night.....insomnia, shaking, throwing up, the usual. I have been in this place before and I have so much resolve. I realize I am rambling.....but thanks for listening.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you. Yes I've known I have a problem with alcohol for awhile now. My problem is remembering lol. I can go a week or two without drinking then binge drink. I went to counseling last yr but it's just so hard for me to discuss it. The guilt hurts so much. I'm also a Christian and feel so guilty for the sin I've committed against God.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi alynn there is a Christian section in the forum that you may be interested in
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ians-recovery/

Hang in there and keep posting
Old 09-01-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome Alynn. SR is filled with those who have been there and understand, so don't feel alone at all. If you think AA would help, that would be a great thing to try. The worst case scenario is that you spend an hour amongst people with the same issue you have seeking the same solution.

Regarding the guilt, it's very difficult to avoid, and especially at first. But you must move on and forgive yourself. You cannot change what you have done, but you can change what you do today.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR. I am so glad you have joined us. I am a Christian also and had so much guilt about my drinking. It is so good to put it behind me. Life is so much better without alcohol. We are all here of you.