Notices

Fighting bad urges tonight, just battling

Old 08-31-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fighting bad urges tonight, just battling

Today, I did some math and to my surprise I am going to be short on rent quite a bit. I have an open unemployment claim, but because I claimed medical reasons I won't even get an interview till the 9th of September for review.

Stressing about the rent, but I will show them the paperwork and be able to afford half the rent and I've been here for 5 years I am certain they will give me time to pay the rest.

Gearing up to ride this out not matter what. Finally I am getting less and less bipolar and don't have mood swings anymore. Its just at times like this my de facto urge is to drink. I actually walked to the store grab and can, and was like what the hell are you doing and walked away.

After 8 months of fighting this, I am surprised I still go through the motions of attempting to purchase alcohol. I am imagine not having the mental tools is a huge part of this process. So now I've made up my mind if I qualify for Medicaid I will go to rehab asap.

I am trying to learn about cooking and having fun with the experience of learning. This evening I made grilled tiliapia and spinach salad went way light on the olive oil but still did it, and earl gray tea. LOL, I over did the Tliapia, who knew that fish shouldn't cook for more than a few minutes? However, still tasty.

Good day to you all, fight the urges, and know your brother TDG is right there with you tonight. Stay safe and sober friends.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Everything is going to work out as long as you just keep doing the next right thing - keep reminding yourself that all your worries are caused by drinking. Proud of you for not buying it today.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

I had similar stresses hope it all works out loving your positivity

Keep it up your doing great tdg
Old 08-31-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I always liked catfish more than talipia. Get some catfish filets, put them on some foil (after spraying with non stick spray) put in a pan, season the fish and coat them with salsa. Cook at 350 for just a few minutes. Super good and the foil makes cleanup a breeze.

Stay strong TDG, it's tough,I know.But well worth the fight.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you still upbeat TDG. Talapia? Over easy please. Just coat a fry pan with olive oil, heat the pan,THEN put in the fish and put flame on lowest, cover and check in 5 minutes. No need to turn it, it poaches in it's own juices.

Way to go on the no beer. Don't even tempt yourself.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've been there.

You can do this.

The one thing I can tell you is simply this. In the two years that I've been practicing 100% sobriety, I have never, ever, regretted waking up sober.

STAY STRONG!
Old 08-31-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When I quit smoking, I continued to reach for my shirt pocket where I kept the smokes for many months, I didn’t even want to smoke. I can relate.

I too am trying to be better on the grill, just over brined ribs that tasted like salt lol, I’ll get there, I hope.

I wish you luck with the rent.

Stay strong!
Old 08-31-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Amajorityofone View Post
I've been there.

You can do this.

The one thing I can tell you is simply this. In the two years that I've been practicing 100% sobriety, I have never, ever, regretted waking up sober.

STAY STRONG!

I love this post
Old 08-31-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I still think recovery is best measured not by our impulses, but what we do in response to them.

Sounds like you're doing ok TDG

D
Old 08-31-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

TDG, our (((Dee)) says it right! It's what we do about the impulses. for me, I think muscle memory took over, just like when I quit smoking! I was at my worst at habit times. Just don't buy booze, don't drink! It gets easier!

you have a good plan for dealing with the rent. good job! I did best when I had a plan.

Hang in there, keep posting! You make good posts!

Love from Lenina
Old 08-31-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
quat

"..having fun with the experience of learning" I like that, you know you got this right?
Old 08-31-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Keep working it TDG. You are smart and you are strong. You have tasted sobriety and know it is good and what you want. There will be setbacks, but you have just started a journey out of darkness and pain. You did not get there overnight and will not get out overnight. That was one of the hardest things I had to learn.

We are here... keep communicating and keep on the path!