Notices

Looking forward to tomorrow

Old 08-31-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking forward to tomorrow

I've set tomorrow as my sobriety date. I can't imagine life sober now, but I'm looking forward to being a better person, a better friend, and maybe someday somebody's lover.
It all seems so far away from me right now, but I have a supportive friend and I have he people on this forum.
My friend (who's trying his very best to help me) was very upset the other day. Two of is childhood friends have gone so far down the path of alcoholism that they can't eat and they spit up blood practically every day. He warned me not to go down that path.
I can't picture myself ever being happy without alcohol...but I can't picture myself spitting up blood either. I know it could happen though.
Either way, I'm looking forward to becoming part of the class of September 2014.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I hope you'll post often Avice. It will help with the anxiety in the early days. You're among friends who understand what you're feeling. You're going to do this.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck avice post in the morning if it helps

All the best
Old 08-31-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I will post tomorrow...morning, afternoon or evening. I'm not sure yet. I do know that I'll be posting often.
I've spent so many beautiful days either tired, throwing up, or just thinking about how long until the next drink. I've repelled people from me - lost potential friendships. I've lost so many things. I deserve so much more than I've given myself.
Tonight I saw a double rainbow with lightning shooting through it. I don't usually believe in omens, but this felt like one.
Reminded me of this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI
Old 08-31-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you have made the decision to quit Avice. Most of us couldn't imagine life without alcohol either, I know I couldn't. The reality though is that it's better without it, far better. It's initially tough but once you get some sober time under your belt you will wonder what you were thinking while you were still drinking.

I will play devils advocate and ask why you don't just quit now? What will be so different about to tomorrow that you can't just quit today?
Old 08-31-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Avice View Post
I will post tomorrow...morning, afternoon or evening. I'm not sure yet. I do know that I'll be posting often.
I've spent so many beautiful days either tired, throwing up, or just thinking about how long until the next drink. I've repelled people from me - lost potential friendships. I've lost so many things. I deserve so much more than I've given myself.
Tonight I saw a double rainbow with lightning shooting through it. I don't usually believe in omens, but this felt like one.
Reminded me of this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

Avice !!!! You scared me with that lol the past month all iI've seen is double rainbows for the first time in my life beautiful Itook a pic its in my album on my profile

I also witnessed the most intense sheet lightning storm earlier in June it went on for at least an hour no thunder just lightning from up above the clouds lighting up the sky like spotlights it was truly mesmerising everyone heard the crack of thunder that night in London but I was awake throughout it was the first time in my life to see something like that

Seen a shooting star this year also

You know conincidence is a nice idea but it is truly like signs for me some of the things I see in this world

Its not conincidence when it keeps on happening lol
Old 08-31-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The unknown can be scary. I just put out a new birdbath and just one baby has come to drink all afternoon. Drinking days are familiar as hellish as they were and I'm new but I feel myself moving forward. I'm telling myself to be excited about the future instead of afraid. Heck, even if nothing changes I'm better off. Stick to your commitment and welcome.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

"I've set tomorrow as my sobriety date."

I too have done this tonight, glad to see someone-else to start the journey at the same time.

I have had lengths of sobriety before and I will say it is just as hard now to quit as it was before. A tool under my belt, I am ready to live again, not sure why I had to drink tonight but I am felling good about the future.

Good luck on your journey Avice, tonight your my omen!
Old 08-31-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck stiv and avice
Old 08-31-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

life gets better sober

keep us posted
Old 09-02-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Soberwolf. I can't tell you how incredible it was seeing that rainbow. I've seen a double rainbow before, but never one with a storm right in the middle of it. For the rest of the night the sky got more and more beautiful. Now, I have felt - I've had it up to here with life. That night I didn't. This should have led me down the right path, but now here comes a new thread that I'll call...I Screwed Up. Because I did.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Oh yes, Stiv - I will be joining you. Just not tonight.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If you screwed up, get right back up on the wagon and start again.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Avice View Post
Oh yes, Stiv - I will be joining you. Just not tonight.
You may not have made today your first sober day...but you can quit drinking right this moment and set the stage for tomorrow. No need to prolong this.