Notices

Two MEs

Old 08-31-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two MEs

There are tow MEs. Sober me is happy healthy and successful. Drunk me is obnoxious rude and falls asleep on the side of the road. For seven days I have been sober me and want to stay this way. Hello everyone.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome JetIonic! We hope to see sober you around . I'm sure you've figured out that this is a helpful board, full of amazing support.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome, JetIonic!
Old 08-31-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Jet - looking forward to hearing your story. This is a great place to start your healing.

Sent from my iPad using SoberRecovery
Old 08-31-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello jet I completely relate to the 2 me's thing

When I first got sober I was given a piece of paper to read

It was a quick story of 2 wolves I really urge you to google this now just google aa 2 wolves story

Its origins are native Indian but I promise you, you will relate to this

I know I did will you post back what you think ?

And big congrats on 7 days that's massive keep it up
Old 08-31-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Jet! It's great to meet you.

Alcohol definitely brought out my Evil Twin. I'm kind & pleasant. She is argumentative & mean. I had to put an end to her. You an do it Jet. Glad you are here.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Hello jet I completely relate to the 2 me's thing

When I first got sober I was given a piece of paper to read

It was a quick story of 2 wolves I really urge you to google this now just google aa 2 wolves story

Its origins are native Indian but I promise you, you will relate to this

I know I did will you post back what you think ?

And big congrats on 7 days that's massive keep it up
Guess what, I just NOW read this. As you can surmise, I picked up again in August, after writing this post. Anyway...the story brought tears to my eyes, as I can completely relate. What a beautiful share, thank you so much. I am happily on day 9 this time and I am going to print out the story of the two wolves to keep with me. Thank you so much.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am experiencing the same feelings. Sober me is calm, collected, nurturing and compassionate. Drunk me is loud, interrupts everyone, forgets things, stumbles and is irritable and anxious. I don't want to go back to drunk me either.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I like sober me better too!
Old 12-02-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoPerdition View Post
I am experiencing the same feelings. Sober me is calm, collected, nurturing and compassionate. Drunk me is loud, interrupts everyone, forgets things, stumbles and is irritable and anxious. I don't want to go back to drunk me either.
Same here!!! That little story about the two wolves is pretty awesome. Check it out when you have a moment. I just googled aa two wolves, as soberwolf suggested.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by JetIonic View Post
Guess what, I just NOW read this. As you can surmise, I picked up again in August, after writing this post. Anyway...the story brought tears to my eyes, as I can completely relate. What a beautiful share, thank you so much. I am happily on day 9 this time and I am going to print out the story of the two wolves to keep with me. Thank you so much.
Hi Jetlonic well done on 9 days friend

So glad you related to this i done the same thing i even have it framed on my mantle its even how i chose my user name

glad your back Jet good to see you friend
Old 12-02-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome

As you see, most of us will relate to your perception and feelings about this. Some like to call it Dr Jekyll and Mr Hide. People who are fond of the AVRT method call what drives the "bad guy" The Beast. For me, I just learned that I am capable of living in a pretty gruesome way when I drink. Good to leave that beyond!
Old 12-02-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Trudgin

From a fellow Tucsonan - (years ago, Wildcat!) Welcome!! Congrats on 9 days!!
It took me many attempts to get the place where willingness and desire to quit drinking became the number priority in my life. Once that decision was made, I follow a simple program - stay on SR and take ACTION in my life to feed the good wolf as my friend Soberwolf's story addresses - great story SW~!

The journey is inward - there you may find peace.

Here's a story about a sculptor that I found helpful, perhaps you will as well.....

In ancient India lived a sculptor renowned for his life-sized statues of elephants. With trunks curled high, tusks thrust forward, thick legs trampling the earth, these carved beasts seemed to trumpet to the sky. One day, a king came to see these magnificent works and to commission statuary for his palace. Struck with wonder, he asked the sculptor, “What is the secret of your artistry?” The sculptor quietly took his measure of the monarch and replied, "Great king, when, with the aid of many men, I quarry a gigantic piece of granite from the banks of the river, I have it set here in my courtyard. For a long time I do nothing but observe this block of stone and study it from every angle. I focus all my concentration on this task and won’t allow anything or anybody to disturb me.

At first, I see nothing but a huge and shapeless rock sitting there, meaningless, indifferent to my purposes, utterly out of place. It seems faintly resentful at having been dragged from its cool place by the rushing waters. Then, slowly, very slowly, I begin to notice something in the substance of the rock. I feel a presentiment . . . an outline, scarcely discernible, shows itself to me, though others, I suspect, would perceive nothing. I watch with an open eye and a joyous, eager heart. The outline grows stronger. Oh, yes, I can see it! An elephant is stirring in there!" "Only then do I start to work.

For days flowing into weeks, I use my chisel and mallet, always clinging to my sense of that outline, which grows ever stronger. How the big fellow strains! How he yearns to be out! How he wants to live! It seems so clear now, for I know the one thing I must do: with an utter singleness of purpose, I must chip away every last bit of stone that is not elephant. What then remains will be, must be, elephant."

When I was young, my grandmother, my spiritual guide, would often tell just such a story, not only to entertain but to convey the essential truths of living. Perhaps I had asked her, as revered teachers in every religion have been asked, "What happens in the spiritual life? What are we supposed to do?" Granny wasn’t a theologian, so she answered these questions simply with a story like that of the elephant sculptor.

She was showing that we do not need to bring our real self, our higher self, into existence. It is already there. It has always been there, yearning to be out. An incomparable spark of divinity is to be found in the heart of each human being, waiting to radiate love and wisdom everywhere, because that is its nature. --Eknath Easwaran
Old 12-02-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flynbuy View Post

Here's a story about a sculptor that I found helpful, perhaps you will as well...
Thanks, Flynbuy - beautiful, inspirational story. These simple stories really hit home.

Glad to be in the midst of a fellow Tucsonan! Go Cats!

Does SR = Sober Recovery? I also have to learn about AVRT.

Thank you. I am having a splendid day. :-)
Old 12-02-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Welcome, Jet

Glad you're having a good day

Yes, SR-sober recovery.

This place has been my lifeline.

Glad you found us.