Withdrawal

Old 08-31-2014, 12:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawal

I'm having withdrawals from letting go of the ex.. God it hurts. The more I shut him out the more I withdraw like an addict myself.. I know it's for the best.. I have to die to self, feel like each time I do this which is weekly I'm left with a big hole in me.. It's the only way I know.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

I know how you feel killer and the hurt and pain you are going through.

Sendings you hugs.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by killerinstinct View Post
I'm having withdrawals from letting go of the ex.. God it hurts. The more I shut him out the more I withdraw like an addict myself.. I know it's for the best.. I have to die to self, feel like each time I do this which is weekly I'm left with a big hole in me.. It's the only way I know.
Perhaps you're missing the more positive things you remember about the relationship, and/or the *hopes* you had for the relationship.

Instead, remind yourself of why it wasn't healthy, why it hurt to be IN that relationship. Not to drown yourself in negativity, but rather, to pat yourself on the back for being strong enough to be with yourself rather than be with someone who was not healthy for you.

If you have a fear of being alone, now is the time to face that fear, and kick it to the curb for good.

Learn to enjoy your own company. And make sure you watch LOTS of COMEDY! Laugh! I mean it! It is wonderful!

Laughter is so healing.

And relaxing!

Now, you have the opportunity to get to know yourself, and to do a mental spring cleaning. Reflect, learn, grow...and then reach for bigger and better things on every level!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Best of luck to you.

Peace.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

withdrawals aren't forever

you can get through this!
Old 08-31-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am two months out from my break up...it feels like a lot more time than that. I have had ups and downs, but I am finally starting to really see light at the end of the tunnel. It isn't this radiating ball of pain now, more of a small throb of remorse...the point is that the withdraws do end... and quicker when you start focusing the attention on your own healthiness. I am looking at this as a time to work on a real relationship- the one I have with myself. Good luck...it does get easier but there is no way around but only through it if you want to get healthier yourself! HUGS.