AH starting to feel consequences...

Old 08-30-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AH starting to feel consequences...

AH stopped by while we were out to mow the lawn. So nice of him We got back just when he finished.

Then I handed him the mail, including a bill for his ambulance trip last weekend. His whole demeanor changed. Started to swear under his breath, saying 1 night ruined his whole life (his last drinking binge), and got very depressed/close to tears.

He was so caught up with this bill, it was sad. But the kids and I were unaffected, our moods didn't change. We had a great day shopping with my MIL.

All he has to do is contact them and give them his insurance info (which I am assuming was the reason for them calling home yesterday.) The bill even says that is what he has to do! Worst case, if not covered, he works out a payment plan with them I told him. This is something that I used to always take care of but this time I am going to let him do it!

He is worried about his job finding out about the ambulance bill he told me. He thought the HR person @ his job knows what is billed to the insurance. Not sure if he really thinks that or just trying to manipulate me into feeling bad and fixing everything.

He left quickly after that. Can't go home to the flea infested house til 10pm b/c of the chemicals they used today. Not sure what he'll do for the next 4 hrs, but not going to worry.

His friend said if he drinks this weekend, the bill will be the excuse he uses and I agree. He always has an excuse to drink...
Old 08-30-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome job handling that (or NOT handling that, as it were). Glad you and the kids had a good day!

Old 08-30-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I let my husband feel every pitfall right before and especially after his motorcycle accident. He dealt with every bill that came through the mail that was associated with his accident. I touched not one of them! He asked me to do it and I told him the only way I would is if he could not pick up the phone and do it himself or if he were dead. He has one more bill from neurological he just got and I'm not touching it.

Its best to rip comfy coushins out from said ass before the fall so when they hit, they hit hard and possibly knock some sense into themselves this time. Yeah?! lol It gets old real fast playing the enabler!
Old 08-30-2014, 05:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good on you...well done!!!

My AH got three ambo bills yesterday...and was carrying on as well. It's covered by insurance but he has to go into the provider. He was all how do I, what do i do, I don't know....

It was on the tip of my tongue to say 'here give it to me, I'm going in this week anyway' but I stopped myself.

I have a feeling he too used the bill as an excuse to drink. SO makes sense...ambo called bc I drank too much, lets fix that by drinking more!!!!
Old 08-30-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you too Jarp!
Old 08-30-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Way to go KidsR#1! My counselor calls those "natural consequences." Funny that I was shielding AH from his natural consequences for such a long silly time.

I'm glad that you and your kids had a fun day shopping! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!