Notices

Woke up in a real weird funk

Old 08-30-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Woke up in a real weird funk

I find myself stuck somewhere between happy, sad, like I have everything to do and nothing to do. I am not sure exactly what has brought about this feeling, I am supposing my new medications are in some way affecting my mood.

Its weird, I've heard SSRI can make you feel like you are a bystander just observing life, but I know what they mean now. I would rather experience this than angst and I am going to force myself out of the house to attempt to work on this feeling, but such an odd and strange experience I am having.

Today, I will be one week sober again. I am happy about that, I have been looking for new work like a mad man, investigating rehab centers and attending AA if I get especially vulnerable and want sober people around me.

Today, I am starting my new diet, not to loose weight, so much as to improve my overall health and eat more well rounded. With that lunch will be a garlic and lemon basted chicken slow cooked in water ( worried about losing the taste I am not a good cook) and then lightly basted and placed in the oven, natural flavored water ( I soaked it in fresh cut fruits over night), green tea and cauliflower. Very different for me, but I am hoping cooking will get me out of my funk as well.

Good day to you all as always, enjoy your long weekend if you work, and stay safe and sober friends.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

TDG, I've said it before and I will say it again: BRAVE. That is the word that comes to mind when I read your posts. Keep it up and I am sure good things will begin to happen for you.

Also, will you make my lunch?
Old 08-30-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hope the "funk" feeling passes. That chicken recipe sounds delicious!
Old 08-30-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

You had me at chicken...

You are so brave and your doing amazing keep it up
Old 08-30-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

What you're describing is familiar to me TDG.

You need to give the meds a little time to bed in, and hopefully you'll lose that slight disassociated feeling

Congrats on your week - and enjoy your chicken

D
Old 08-30-2014, 10:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just quitting drinking gave me a bit of that dissociation at first. I know it's hard but you have to give the meds a chance to work. They might have to be tweaked occasionally by the doctors til they get a combo that works for you.

My ex had the same issues. Her meds helped with her depression, and she was no longer suicidal. But it gave her those feelings that you describe, like she was a stranger looking out of her own eyes, watching a life that wasn't her own. But it was better than the misery she experienced with her depression. And eventually they got a combo of meds that didn't "zone her out" so much.

Hang in there, TDG!
Old 08-31-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When I first quit I was put on zoloft. Then I went to a doc and said I don't want anything - I just came off years of drinking. I needed my body to reset itself.
I went through a lot of funks in the early months. But I toughed it out. Things got better and getting better every day now.
Perhaps what MOS says may be in order. Or awhen you get more time under your belt you'll feel better.

Do you have a crock pot TDG? Good for one pot wonders - roasts, stews, chicken and even soups.