Notices

Different

Old 08-30-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Different

I have to try and get sober differently this time around because as you are aware im just not cracking it!

However with that being said I don't know WHAT to do differently this time!

Ahhh just expressing here gang!
Old 08-30-2014, 05:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Call the wales help number Dee posted in your other thread or go to an AA meeting like you suggestsed you might last night. Both of those would be different and positive things you could do today.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can do it. Get all the help and support you can.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Call the wales help number Dee posted in your other thread or go to an AA meeting like you suggestsed you might last night. Both of those would be different and positive things you could do today.
This is great advice
Old 08-30-2014, 02:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
I don't know WHAT to do differently this time!
Try not taking a drink. It's worked flawlessly for me for some time now. It's not easy but it is that simple. You can do it, and there's help to be had if you want it.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Did you check out either of those numbers you got Chilled?

D
Old 08-30-2014, 10:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Out of curiosity did you ever check out AVRT? I know you're serious about wanting to quit. And I know you understand the necessity of it, especially after the last doctor's visit. You risk some pretty serious health problems if you don't quit drinking. I'm not trying to harp on it since I realize you know it too.

What do you think is tripping you up? Is it cravings? Boredom? Lack of a support system?
Old 09-01-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry for the delay in replying guys, been in bed last 3 days but somewhat starting to feel a bit better now

Im goona be checking out AVRT, AA ( I read the blue book ) seing a therapist etc

Oh and Dee I am goona be checking out those details tomorrow mate, I do appreciate you finding them for me its just ive been too poorly to do anything but lay around really!

Well hope you guys had an awesome day
Old 09-01-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
Out of curiosity did you ever check out AVRT? I know you're serious about wanting to quit. And I know you understand the necessity of it, especially after the last doctor's visit. You risk some pretty serious health problems if you don't quit drinking. I'm not trying to harp on it since I realize you know it too.

What do you think is tripping you up? Is it cravings? Boredom? Lack of a support system?
Ive been trying it on my own willpower............ Clearly that just hasn't worked for me so now im goona put all that I can in place to help me out
Old 09-01-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wishing you all the hope and strength I can muster Chill. For me, it's very much about how to make sobriety work...and again, for me, I need to meet other people living healthy sober lives so I don't feel so alone. As much as I love SR, one of the things I have realized is how incredibly beneficial real live .conversation I relate with is to me and my well being. A gal I have grown closer to...who I met at an AA meeting sent me a FB message and a text just saying.."hey I miss ya...we need a meeting". And by a "meeting"..she meant we just needed to "connect"...her and I. Even ole Bill W. says...two people talking recovery..is a "meeting".

To me? That sort of thing is priceless!
Old 09-01-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Wishing you all the hope and strength I can muster Chill. For me, it's very much about how to make sobriety work...and again, for me, I need to meet other people living healthy sober lives so I don't feel so alone. As much as I love SR, one of the things I have realized is how incredibly beneficial real live .conversation I relate with is to me and my well being. A gal I have grown closer to...who I met at an AA meeting sent me a FB message and a text just saying.."hey I miss ya...we need a meeting". And by a "meeting"..she meant we just needed to "connect".

To me? That sort of thing is priceless!

Thank you so much

One thing I am surely realising is that I have to take DIRECT action, not just with the booze but with other problems in my life, I now know its not just about putting the drink down, there is work to do in order to improve my life
Old 09-01-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
I have to take DIRECT action, not just with the booze but with other problems in my life, I now know its not just about putting the drink down, there is work to do in order to improve my life
Although this is not true for every single person with an alcohol problem, I think it's true for a vast majority of individuals.

To hear someone state this, so early in their journey, gives me great cause for optimism about their long term prospects for success.

All the best to you.