Notices

Day 24

Old 08-24-2014, 11:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Day 24

Hi SR Family,

I wanted to check in. I have had a crazy last few days. I came across my first girlfriend (when I was like 13) and we have began talking as friends. We are both still attracted to each other but are also both in places in life where we really just need a friend (both single but need time alone). We went rollerskating Saturday night and had a great time. Anyway, things started feeling relationshipy just with the level of texts, plans for next weekend, and the occasional mild sexy comment. Anyway.. after a very difficult (for me to vocalize lol) go at trying to explain that I have to focus on my sobriety and need time to recover without "beginning" anything with anyone, she completely understood! I was pretty shocked because I thought she would think that I am making excuses for not wanting to be in a relationship. She went on to say that she had some exs who drank alot and she understood where I was at. Anyway.. it is very cool to have such a good friend in her after so many years. There is nothing like a good friend, especially in recovery!!!
Old 08-24-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

WOW what a post you have got defiantly gotta wise head on them shoulders of yours

And look what the outcome was absolutely amazing

Well done you
Old 08-25-2014, 12:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by SoberComposer View Post
Hi SR Family,

I wanted to check in. I have had a crazy last few days. I came across my first girlfriend (when I was like 13) and we have began talking as friends. We are both still attracted to each other but are also both in places in life where we really just need a friend (both single but need time alone). We went rollerskating Saturday night and had a great time. Anyway, things started feeling relationshipy just with the level of texts, plans for next weekend, and the occasional mild sexy comment. Anyway.. after a very difficult (for me to vocalize lol) go at trying to explain that I have to focus on my sobriety and need time to recover without "beginning" anything with anyone, she completely understood! I was pretty shocked because I thought she would think that I am making excuses for not wanting to be in a relationship. She went on to say that she had some exs who drank alot and she understood where I was at. Anyway.. it is very cool to have such a good friend in her after so many years. There is nothing like a good friend, especially in recovery!!!
I am so pleased you are still doing well! Keep going! So glad you are at the start of a new chapter and your ex is supportive.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Fantastic xxx
Old 08-25-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a great post! Congrats on your continued recovery!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! It was hard but I am proud of myself. Especially since its been like a year since each one of us had a sexual encounter. But honestly.. I am just sick of that destructive cycle and knew my sobriety depended on it. Im just glad she understood and feels the same way. Like many of your have posted.. I just want a normal, happy and healthy life with natural joy!
Old 08-25-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 24 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!