Notices

Need a little advice

Old 08-23-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need a little advice

Ok, so if you read my post yesterday my job is going to have me back so long as I have medical clearance. I want my job back bad, and honestly will have monetary issues if I don't get it back.

The set back is this, I have to have all my paperwork to my work no later than Tuesday, because they are allowing a medical leave, even though I didn't follow proper procedure. That is a gift, and I know I have to get all the paper work to them by then.

The problem is I am signed up for rehab/ detox starting Sunday. Its only 3 days inpatient, but I would not be released until late Wednesday. They are strict with the rules there, I went over them with the intake person a few times, no smoking, no cellphones, 2 5min calls a day, and only to family or a friend. They are strict because they don't want outside influences acting on people she says.

I get they don't want outside influences, but now I am faced with going to inpatient, which is part of my treatment plan with the mental hospital ( however I know they will waive this requirement if I am saving my job) and I know I should go. I also know I need work!

Ack, if someone could pull me out of my own thinking, I am weighing recovery ( which I should focus on immensely), vs working ( and providing for my family which too is my responsibility) I am going over and over and over this in my head. Honestly, I don't know if there is a right answer, I know no one here can answer the question, but if you have any ideas thoughts or input it would be much appreciated, I need to get out of my one track thinking so to speak?

Good day friends, thanks for all the input in advance, stay safe and sober
Old 08-23-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, can you possibly put off the detox for another week. I know others will say that recovery comes first before anything but as I told you once before I am a nurse and the thought of eventually being able to go back to work was a big incentive for me during rehab. The lack of money on benefits can be soul destroying and a job to go back to is priceless in my opinion. Either way you are definitely between a rock and a hard place. Keep posting my friend and take care. Jude
Old 08-23-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why don't you fedex the papers to your job, so that they arrive there Monday? Then you can go to your detox on Sunday as planned.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

is it possible to get the paperwork done today? or call the rehab place and explain to them that you must take an hour or two there to complete the paperwork? seems like the staff would understand since this is a direct concern of your sober future...maybe you could reschedule this portion of treatment as mentioned above? hopefully there are options. if at all possible, i would make sure the paperwork got done and on time. wish you the best with this matter.