Notices

Challenging day ahead

Old 08-23-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Challenging day ahead

I have been sober for six months. My drinking and partying are very well known, but towards the end of my prestigious career, I was isolating and drinking to blackout to numb a very difficult situation. I have been laying very very low and now that fall is looming, I have a day planned with four family's down Cape Cod. I have been making excuses for months now and it will come to a head today. My husband may not be able to go due to a spike in his severe depression (PTSD) after a long business trip. His illness is horrible and terrible to watch happen to such an amazing man. It is private with only family and one friend knowing, so we are doing this on our own to maintain this privacy. So, with everything going on, I am stressed. It will be a big drinking day, big. I don't know how I will approach it or what I will say. These are great people and in my heart I know they will love me no matter what, but today everything will seam more "real". All I know is that I am heading down to enjoy everyone and I will not drink today. My husband is trying to go too. I am tired, worried, in pain for my husband and our life. It is a soul sucking situation and even though he is getting help, there is little improvement. Just needed to tell people who "get it".....thanks as always....
Old 08-23-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are now a "non drinker", that has been the case for the last 6 months, and that will continue to be the case, that's the perspective I approach things with now, "non drinkers" are everywhere, I was actually surprised at how many in life don't actually drink alcohol, so that's the club we are now a part of!!

It sounds very stressful with everything else that is going on, but you can do this!!

SR is in your corner!!
Old 08-26-2014, 12:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you I completely relate and good for you getting it off your chest
Old 08-26-2014, 02:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Well done on six months. It does get even easier as time goes by so try not to worry too much xxx
Old 08-26-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The sea, sand and shore are a balm. I love the sound of the waves coming in and find it so relaxing. I hope that is what you find. I'm sorry that you have the worries that you do. Maybe you can get away for a solitary walk while you are there, away from the gaiety of the group if it gets too much. Thank you for sharing, take care, and have a lovely trip.