Notices

In a baaaaaaad mood!

Old 08-22-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In a baaaaaaad mood!

Feeling ANGRY like PROPER ANGRY ........... Just venting, its how I feel today, not sure why but that's how I feel, nuff said!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My moods were all over the place for the first few weeks. Take timeouts when you need to. There were times I had to go to my bedroom and just lie down for 10 minutes. You are doing a great job!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

go get a hammer and a block of wood or something and enjoy belting the hell out of the wood with the hammer : ) it works
Old 08-22-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Me too! Being sober gives me synapses to actually do something about it rather than stew and drink. Today it was visiting the gratitude thread and doing some neglected housework. fini
Old 08-22-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Get out an go for a run. Sweat out all
that anger. Write about your anger here
so others can share how they deal with
it in a healthy affective way.

Martial Arts. Channel your anger in
different moves you know.

Get a good punching bag with boxing
gloves and exert ur energy at the bag.

Gets all those toxin out of ur body.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are lots of healthy ways to deal with your anger. I'm sorry you're feeling bad, and hope things turn around for you soon.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

I have been a bit down today think its sleep deprivation it will work out

Your venting not bottling up which is massive

Thank you as you have helped me because of ur post
Old 08-22-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Only goats have baaaaaaaad moods. Or is that sheep? Find some humor in today.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I always go for a long walk when I'm in a rough mood, plenty of fresh air can be great to get all that anger out!!
Old 08-22-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Not angry anymore guys , just drained and exhausted! Thanks for all the support I do appreciate it! This is just SUPER hard!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I must have inherited your anger. I just discovered I have a serious tree root issue that requires constant attention. Look up Heaven Tree. My neighbor just cut one down. The side effects of that are horrible. I have little trees growing up through my tomato plants and everything else.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Here's something I read last night on anger. It's written by Thich Nhat Hanh:

Treating Anger with Tenderness

"Mindfulness does not fight anger or despair. Mindfulness is there in order to recognize. To be mindful of something is to recognize that something is there in the present moment. Mindfulness is the capacity of being aware of what is going on in the present moment. "Breathing in, I know that anger has manifested in me; breathing out, I smile towards my anger." This is not an act of suppression or of fighting. It is an act of recognizing. Once we recognize our anger, we embrace it with a lot of awareness, a lot of tenderness.

When it is cold in your room, you turn on the heater, and the heater begins to send out waves of hot air. The cold air doesn't have to leave the room for the room to become warm. The cold air is embraced by the hot air and becomes warm—there's no fighting at all between them.

We practice taking care of our anger in the same way. Mindfulness recognizes anger, is aware of its presence, accepts and allows it to be there. Mindfulness is like a big brother who does not suppress his younger brother's suffering. He simply says, "Dear brother, I'm here for you." You take your younger brother in your arms and you comfort him. This is exactly our practice.

Imagine a mother getting angry with her baby and hitting him when he cries. That mother does not know that she and her baby are one. We are mothers of our anger and we have to help our baby, our anger, not fight and destroy it. Our anger is us and our compassion is also us. To meditate does not mean to fight. In Buddhism, the practice of meditation should be the practice of embracing and transforming, not of fighting."
Old 08-22-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
Here's something I read last night on anger. It's written by Thich Nhat Hanh:

Treating Anger with Tenderness

"Mindfulness does not fight anger or despair. Mindfulness is there in order to recognize. To be mindful of something is to recognize that something is there in the present moment. Mindfulness is the capacity of being aware of what is going on in the present moment. "Breathing in, I know that anger has manifested in me; breathing out, I smile towards my anger." This is not an act of suppression or of fighting. It is an act of recognizing. Once we recognize our anger, we embrace it with a lot of awareness, a lot of tenderness.

When it is cold in your room, you turn on the heater, and the heater begins to send out waves of hot air. The cold air doesn't have to leave the room for the room to become warm. The cold air is embraced by the hot air and becomes warm—there's no fighting at all between them.

We practice taking care of our anger in the same way. Mindfulness recognizes anger, is aware of its presence, accepts and allows it to be there. Mindfulness is like a big brother who does not suppress his younger brother's suffering. He simply says, "Dear brother, I'm here for you." You take your younger brother in your arms and you comfort him. This is exactly our practice.

Imagine a mother getting angry with her baby and hitting him when he cries. That mother does not know that she and her baby are one. We are mothers of our anger and we have to help our baby, our anger, not fight and destroy it. Our anger is us and our compassion is also us. To meditate does not mean to fight. In Buddhism, the practice of meditation should be the practice of embracing and transforming, not of fighting."

I really will try the breathing when it happens again, I don't even know WHY im angry, but now im just exhausted but sober
Old 08-22-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I tried it today when the dog gave me rope burn on my fingers from her leash... lol. It was hard, I'll be honest. It's hard in the moment not to just let yourself go and get really angry, because that's the first instinct.

It really helped me to read that it's ok to not try and suppress, deny, or feel bad about the anger. And his metaphor of the hot and cold air helped me to understand what he meant. The cold air isn't forced out of the room, it's enveloped by the warm air. They are both in the room simultaneously.

It is the best thing I've ever read on how to handle your anger.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I understand Chill. The last few previous days ..it feels like all I have wanted to do was spew profanity. I felt like there was some sort of anger and frustration just dying to get out.
I know that I was able to come to some good realizations just last night as to "what was truly eating me" and I was able to reach out and "connect" with someone in recovery..like really talk to them..laugh with them...relate with them..and be understood by them and in turn hear their struggle.

Just moments before making that call..I was writhing in discontent weighing which vice in my toxic triangle of addiction should I turn to in order to quiet the beast...

I made a call...and I knew in moments I was better. I had been isolating a bit in last few days...only communicating via text, FB and well, typing here. Work has been far too stressful to have a "connected" conversation with anyone about anything.

At the AA meeting earlier this week I attended...I only listened and didn't "talk" with anyone really other then some casual howdy do's.

For me, I needed some "human connection..some exchange of real energy..in real time.
I'm certain that helped tremendously.
I continued with the daily 10 minute guided meditations I am attempted to make a daily discipline of this morning...
I also had a chinese acupuncture massage bout an hour ago..
AND I bought so wierd chinese herb from chinese herb guy...and took some 20 minutes ago..

I'm feeling....okay...today...finally.
I hung on by my fingernails for the past 4 days I think....

Just keep trying something new...don't go back to the call of old structures.