Notices

To Tell My Story........

Old 07-20-2004, 08:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To Tell My Story........

where to begin? This goes back about 7 yrs. I left my husband because of drugs alcohol and a great deal of mental abuse. After my separation i found my self in the same boat that he was in. I started to hang out with my brother and some friends. There i found my self drinking all the time and reoccuring coke and crack use. This went on for a period of 2 yrs. I left my kids with my mother and partied all the time. After using for 2 yrs. I met this guy who I fell deeply for. He too was a periodic user of coke and crack. This was obviously not a life style that he wanted so together we quit cold turkey. This was 4 and a half years ago. He is still doing great but me on the other hand I have relapsed after 4 yrs of being clean. About 4 months ago I started hanging around the wrong people again. Of coarse I thought I could control my self but thats not how it turned out. 1 time led to 5 times then so on and so on. Now I find my self in Financial dismay my job is on the line and I seriously need to clean my act up. My boyfriend has been greatly supportive. I know I cant do this alone this time . And although my boyfriend is supportive of me it is really taking a toll on him also because to top the cake His brother ,who at the time lived with us was murdered at the age of 23 over crack cocain. That was a tragedy that we delt with together and after all that i still turned back to doing the drug. Help and support from others is what i need now. Thank You all for listening to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 09:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Platinum Member

Smile

(((Hi Tweet))))
And welcome to sober recovery. You have come to the right place if your looking for help with your addiction. There are so many wonderful people here with a lot of valuable ESH to offer. And your right, we cant do it alone, we need the help of others and our HP to overcome this dreadful disease we all have. So keep coming back, and check out our Substance abuse forum, and the Narcotics Anonymous forum, I think you'll find a lot of valuable information and lots of support there. We also have online meetings through out the week in our chatroom, hope you can join us there. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. Love Bonni
Old 07-20-2004, 09:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome tweet a big ((((hug)))) for you~ you have been clean so you know what to do and know you can do it. look around here there is great love and support and information. i'm pulling for you! love-alice
Old 07-20-2004, 09:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by tweet_ee31
Help and support from others is what i need now. Thank
You got it.
Prayers for you and your boyfriend.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank all you so much your words mean alot to me!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 09:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Tweet,

You can get lots of support and understanding here. I'm an alcoholic, but I know how easy it is to go down the wrong road and end up in over your head. You have quit before and you can do it again. Keep posting.

Love, Anna
Old 07-20-2004, 10:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Tweet!

There is lots of great tips from everyone so far. Look into 'em and you will come out on the other side. I look forward to reading your posts about your recovery.

Take Care, Cinn.