Notices

Trying again

Old 08-21-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying again

Back at day 1. Been drinking every other day or so for the past month. My husband and kids are fed up. I don't want to drink! I hate it. Why can't I just be a happy sober person?

Wish me luck.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wish you so much luck. My family,fed up, house neglected, no job., I'm with you, I hate it. Strength is something I tiok for granted before now.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know just how you feel Pinki. I have so many day ones, I lost count. And yes I don't want to drink either and I hate it too.

I have several days behind me and it has been a struggle. I have found that I want to choose to be sober more than I want to drink. A huge motivation for me is to remember how I always feel the next morning. I have woke up hung-over for the last 14 years. It has gotten so old that I just determined I am done with it. Its not easy, nowhere near easy, but it can be accomplished. I have seven days so far and its been a tough battle.

Set daily plans in place to protect yourself from drinking. I know my kids and wife deserve better and you posted the same thing. I know they say do it for yourself and I agree. But I started out as doing it for my family. I say whatever works...work it!

You will find a huge amount of support on SR and yes we all understand. Its good to know you are not alone in this fight. Read, post and read more.

I see people posting with 6 months, 2 years and 5 years of sobriety. It can be done. They are huge motivators for me. I wish you all the best.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Pinki, this post sounds exactly like your very first post to SR, back in 2012. You wrote:

I've been binging every other day or so for about a month and Im tired of living like this. It's ruining my life. My husband and kids are fed up with me and I know they worry. Im having a hard time even concentrating on typing this. So frustrating!

Anyway, hopefully I'll succeed this time. I'm really really hoping I do.

Nothing changes if nothing changes. Maybe today you are more open to the suggestions of a proven recovery program. Hoping to succeed is great, acting on it is even better.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudgin

We are only given so many chances at recovery. My hope for you is to find a path and the grace that works for you!!!

Take ownership, sobriety is worth the effort........it's not a matter of luck, sobriety is work and doesn't fall from the sky.
For me it was providence that started it, but daily work that keeps it - TODAY.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Pinki, I hope you do whatever works for you and whatever it takes to get sober. Alcoholism will continue to drag you down because this disease is relentless. Make the changes in your life that will help you to stay sober today.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Are you getting enough support? or trying to do this on sheer willpower? we need to change things up if the plan isn't working!!

You can do this!!
Old 08-21-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by PinkiGreen View Post
Why can't I just be a happy sober person?
I waited for 25 years for a lightening bolt to strike and miracle me happily sober. Making and executing a plan to be happily sober has proven to be much more productive. If you don't know how, then keep reading and start asking questions.

You can do this.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nice call out Carl.

Good luck Pinkie!!!