Notices

second time in recovery

Old 08-20-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

second time in recovery

Hey all

So im not a traditional new comer, I have successfully recovered from alcoholism, but now the dreaded meth has got me. I have been clean 16 days now and it is hell. I am so bored all the time. I wake up every morning at like 4am which drives me mental and I dont know what to do about it. My doctor gave me mogadon but its not working for long enough. Any advice or suggestions would be so much appreciated.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Like any addiction, it's not only about not using a substance, for me simply removing alcohol from my life didn't do much, eventually I'd get bored with all the new found free time on my hands, I'd think about alcohol and that led me straight back to where I started!!

We need to figure out what we want to do in life, new activities, new goals, new projects, what do you like to do? what are your interests? these are the questions I had to sit down and really think about in order to deal with that boredom!!

Have you mentioned that it's not working to your Dr? worth a try to see if things can be adjusted, hang in there!!
Old 08-20-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am in transition with doctors which makes it challenging. I am self employed and work from home and there isnt much else going on in my life. I am a bit of a workaholic too.