Notices

two weeks

Old 08-20-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

two weeks

Hello,
It has been two weeks since I have had booze and I have to say right now I feel good. Sleep is really good, and I have time, lots of time. No more hurrying up waiting. Been able to do a lot of things in the day which used to revolve only around drinking. I found out a guy can golf and then do other things later in the day rather than sit and drink.

I get some pretty severe short tempered anger issues, but I think they will go away after I learn to cope better. Have a long way to go, but feel damn good. Lost the beer bloat I have had for ever, still fat, but not as fat!!

Been cooking a lot of breads and making pickles sauerkraut etc. Have lots more energy to get out and do something rather than nurse a hangover.

Actually turned my phone on, got to a point I never took calls since they often revolved around business type arrangements and I honestly was usually drunk, or simply did not want to talk to anyone. The joy factor in life is getting much more frequent. Smile a lot more and actually have some good laughs now instead of being numb. Good luck to everyone who is struggling, and the most important thing I have learned so far,,,, you got to not take that first drink. It is not about limiting the amount, because I have failed at that for years, it is all about that first one.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great stuff herradura!! Keep it going!!
Old 08-20-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

BING!

Old 08-20-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome. Wow. Thank you so much for posting, this is majorly inspirational to me. I really appreciate you taking the time to type that out and share. Way to go and keep it up! Congratulations!