Notices

Sunday it starts!

Old 08-20-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cat Lady

Sunday it starts!

For my first 25 days of sobriety, I've been able to relax and take it easy. I woke up on day 26 today sober and happy!

However, I'm in for 4 months of stress. I finally graduate from undergrad this December! I'm 26... Goodness! I'm taking a challenging course load this semester but it will be for the best for my grad school applications. I start classes on Monday full time to finish my degree (BA in Psychology).

I also begin my research position on Monday. Thank goodness it pays. It's in a cognitive psychology lab studying creative problem solving. I'm excited and it will be great to have on my grad school applications.

Oh the applications. Writing 4 entrance essays to the grad schools I'm applying for. I did have two rough drafts on my computer but my computer decided to give up and break down and I lost all of my files so I have to start the essays over from scratch. All the applications have to be submitted by December 1st.

The lovely GRE! I have to take that early in the semester as well. I would have taken it over the summer but decided to wait for my school grants to come through so I could sign up for GRE classes. Those start this Sunday for 6 weeks.

Therefore, I will be quite the busy bee! I'm nervous that the stress will make me want to drink... But on the flip side, I think it'll take my mind off alcohol because I'll be so busy. I know that if I kept drinking, I wouldn't be able to do what I'm doing. In a year, I'll most likely be entering into a PhD program for Cognitive Psychology and I KNOW I wouldn't be able to do it drinking. So it gives me incentive. I'm still worried about the stress of it as well.

Sorry about the whiny post! I guess I just needed a good whine fest.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Wednesday!
Old 08-20-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good luck, just 1 recommendation, start backing up your files
Old 08-20-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Great work!!

I don't think this is a whiny post at all.

Remember this part for the future.
I'm nervous that the stress will make me want to drink... But on the flip side, I think it'll take my mind off alcohol because I'll be so busy. I know that if I kept drinking, I wouldn't be able to do what I'm doing.
You CAN do this!!
Old 08-20-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JJ9

Wow! You have so many great things going for you! Your research position sounds incredibly interesting. Good luck with everything. I'm sure you will do great! Congratulations on your 25 days of sobriety. You should be very proud of yourself!
Old 08-20-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rosie, congratulations on 25 days!

Good luck on your research position, you will do great.

Stay strong.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds great Rosie!! Good luck with the research position!!