The He's-Gone-Crazy-Because-He-Misses-the-Children Theory

Old 08-20-2014, 12:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The He's-Gone-Crazy-Because-He-Misses-the-Children Theory

That is how most people are interpreting xah's apparent mental decline/depression/strangeness.

The house is falling apart because he misses the children. He looks awful because he misses the children. He is abusive towards me because he misses the children. The police sent him to the hospital for a mental health evaluation because he misses the children. He can't stop drinking because he misses the children.

Which leaves to the most obvious conclusion: it is all my fault.

People believe the most ridiculous lies.

I'll tell you what, Xah. Go get into recovery. Quit drinking, hiding money, scaring and threatening me, abusing the children, destroying the house, and being dellusional and I'll move back 'home'.

Except it's too late and you know it.

My lawyer wants me to write a nice letter to xah this morning to try to convince him to clean up his act so that he can see the children. Sick of pointless letters. Don't people know there are no words that will convince xah of anything, unless it comes from the law? And even so he evades the law?

Wake up world and stop thinking that I have the power to change anything!

Old 08-20-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your attorney wants you to write because it documents the problem for your use in court and it demonstrates that you are attempting to resolve issues while keeping your children safe.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't worry about what other people think.

I've never heard of a lawyer requesting that. They aren't counselors. Mine worked totally opposite of that and said write out a list of your demands (which was backed up by my justifications) and she sent that over to his lawyer. As a matter of fact the more he declined the better off I was. The ship where we could work things out with reasonable requests had long since sailed or I wouldn't have been in divorce court. I should have had more demands.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It should be a qualifier for EVERY SINGLE JUDGE AND ATTORNEY, IN EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY, to have to go through an extended amount of substance abuse/alcoholism training, especially in dealing with how it affects children. I also think it's such BS that even after one is separated you are still expected to coddle him into doing the right thing b/c "He is Stressed and Misses the Children." Total crap.

My heart hurts for you today Pippi.

Hugs.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sad reality is that most people do not fully believe that the loved ones of the alcoholic have no power to change them until they themselves have been exposed personally to it AND they actively seek to learn more about it.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This, This, This. However, Pippi is no longer a loved one, she should not be expected to coddle this man into doing the right thing. It is just nuts!

Originally Posted by HikerLady View Post
Sad reality is that most people do not fully believe that the loved ones of the alcoholic have no power to change them until they themselves have been exposed personally to it AND they actively seek to learn more about it.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

was it not 4 or 5 DAYS ago that you allowed him to have an unsupervised unscheduled camping trip/visit with the kids?
Old 08-20-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Your attorney wants you to write because it documents the problem for your use in court and it demonstrates that you are attempting to resolve issues while keeping your children safe.
Yep. I've had to do a whole bunch of things that didn't sit right with me on the recommendation of my attorney, to show the courts that regardless of the ex's antics, I am doing things by the book and I am showing my good will.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Who are "most people"? Who is it that is telling you that this is what everyone believes?

Who cares.

You think you are going to have relationships with mutual friends and family after all this is done with? F**k em. They don't know jack squat about living with an addict. Puh-lease.

Your lawyer doesn't give a crap about your AH or whether he gets in recovery or cleans up his act. Your lawyer is simply trying to help your case.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are going through this! I can see this being my near future with XABF!

I wish you luck and I'll be praying for you!
Old 08-20-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PippiLngstockng View Post
That is how most people are interpreting xah's apparent mental decline/depression/strangeness.
I would counter that is what is being voiced by people who don't understand that addiction and recovery are entirely inside jobs. Those who understand addiction are saying nothing because they understand there is no external thing on which to pin the cause.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

What a load of sh!t. You haven't kept the children from him. He's done it all to himself. Wahhh wahhh. Tough for him.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Who are "most people"? Who is it that is telling you that this is what everyone believes?
^ This. Pippi you often talk about these "people" who all think you are terrible. Really in a great many of your posts. I think that's what you think or worry about, rather than what anyone says to you. It borders on paranoid.