OT/School Shooting Plot

Old 08-19-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT/School Shooting Plot

Ack I'm feeling really anxious tonight. Two boys were arrested in our town last night for plotting a mass shooting at the local high school. The whole reason we live here is for the school district. My little guy starts first grade Thursday and what was a very exciting day for us is now something I'm dreading. I just got an email from the principal saying there will be a big police presence on that day but that is just for one day. I feel like scooping my boys up and moving to the middle of nowhere. I had this stupid idea we were safe here, but it really doesn't matter how great an area is, there's always a risk. I just feel really yuck right now and sad that we even have to think about this stuff.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Emmy, I can understand your anxiety. I would feel the same way. Sometimes I think of the schools that were hit, some had warning signs, some didn't. The ones that did there was usually bullying going on. Perhaps not all the time. The other ones, and I just read about this. Do you know the song, I don't like Mondays? It happened back in the late 70's. This girl just didn't like Mondays. There's a school across from where she lived. She got a gun and just started shooting.

You can never know when you are safe. You wish you could. We try to do the best for our children and ourselves, but we never know.

My daughter when she was in the third grade had a friend that was making up a "hit" list. My daughter turned her own friend in to the principle because she had 3 older brothers that might have been capable of doing that.

It's just a real shame that we live in a world like this. Just sometimes we need to not live in a frightened world and just enjoy our lives.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Emmy that's awful, I'd feel the same way.