Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

The text I was not expecting came. It is bitter sweet, yet I am ashamed of myself

The text I was not expecting came. It is bitter sweet, yet I am ashamed of myself

Old 08-19-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I was waiting for my daughter to come home so I could spend some time with her before she leaves again to go camping with her dad. I have been reading through cookbooks of my favorite recipes trying to figure out what we are going to make for a picnic/concert we are going to tomorrow night. I had the phone on vibrate to not be disturbed with my time with her. I heard it vibrate but thought it could wait... again my time with her. It vibrated a couple of more times. Still ignoring. My son has the house number as well as my older daughter, so if it was an emergency they would get to me. Out of curiosity, when my daughter went upstairs I picked up to read the texts.

It is bio dad, texting from my sisters phone. Each was quacking. I have a different email now from when I used to have contact with him, a different phone number and have also ignored him when he would try to write me on social media inboxes. I am thinking that my little sister must have fallen asleep and he got her phone. She would not have allowed this.

He went on to, memories of my brother and how he wishes I could have been a part of his childhood... when we were young. He went on to say how he misses me and needs me in his life.... blah, blah, blah... quack quack quack....

A four page text.... that was the first one.

The ones that followed were ... it will not be good for you to come and see your brother at this time. (I wasn't planning to as it would not be peaceful and put everyone on edge.)

The next one was about how my card got to the hospital and his wife had read it to my brother. He is in a coma, but I had asked her to read it to him... just in case he could by any chance hear her.... (you hear about this stuff you know, and I know in my heart of hearts he didn't hear her, but just in case... ) you know? It was for my brother and I.... had nothing to do with my bio dad.

Next text... Irrate... I could feel his words... penetrate my heart and soul. I was a mistake and he should have never found me... blah blah blah... yadda yadda yadda.... (easy to write the previous, but it does hurt to hear that).

So now some time had passed. I text back addressing it to my sister, saying this is for your dad... not you...

First one.... I sent... yadda yadda yadda. Quack quack quack... you sound like the aflack duck again. Have a peaceful day...

He obviously didn't understand. I have texts now rolling in, I hear the phone vibrating....

I am sorry, but I am going to tell him exactly what I feel. I am not going to sugar coat it. I have nothing to lose... I don't want him in my life. I just don't care. Then I get mad at myself for thinking this, as he is sitting there with his son that is clinging to life. I just feel the need to respond to his stupid texts. I have a message in with my step mom, waiting to hear back from her. But for now... I am going to enjoy my daughter before she heads out camping. This can wait an hour.

The person who is fed up with it, wants to drive to the hospital in spite of his horse sh*t.... but, the sister that is loving and caring, wants peace in that room for my brother.

Addiction stinks. This disease stinks.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am not going to text back or do a thing. Just checked my phone, and there are a total of 43 texts waiting. I am not going to do a thing. I am going to simply step away. This is a time, he needs to be with my brother, and his family. I am not going to even engage any longer. I should not have in the first place. Turning my phone off... the problem is he was using my sister's phone, so I don't want to sift through any of them in case it is my sister.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WendyOR View Post
I am not going to text back or do a thing. Just checked my phone, and there are a total of 43 texts waiting. I am not going to do a thing. I am going to simply step away. This is a time, he needs to be with my brother, and his family. I am not going to even engage any longer. I should not have in the first place. Turning my phone off... the problem is he was using my sister's phone, so I don't want to sift through any of them in case it is my sister.
Good idea. Step away from the phone...