Notices

Good Workout

Old 08-19-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good Workout

You know, I'm starting to think nutrition and working out is going to be my higher power. I feel so much less stress after a good workout.

It will also help me lose my booze weight!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I like it, Justin! Look at all the things you can do physically that could have been taken from you if you kept drinking. My workouts are another way to thank God and my support for my Sobriety. I'm 33 and in fantastic shape, gonna keep it coming

Bunnez
Old 08-19-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This seems to be trading addictions more than recovery though. The problem is when you get hurt your program is at risk. Also, if working out is you doing the working out then you are making you your HP and this is what most likely got you to this site to begin with.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm down 15lb in the past 2 months. Granted, 2/3 of that was due to not eating cause I was drinking so much, but the PAST 9 days, it has been from being (mostly) very good, and more focused on nutrition- I'm even eating breakfast most mornings!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good for you justin. adopting a healthy lifestyle does wonders for the body and mind.

I can't lift right now until the doctor says it's okay, but I spend at least an hour getting drenched with sweat 4-5 times a week at the gym.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
This seems to be trading addictions more than recovery though. The problem is when you get hurt your program is at risk. Also, if working out is you doing the working out then you are making you your HP and this is what most likely got you to this site to begin with.
Well maybe not a higher power then, but an extremely motivating rewarding thing that makes me able to get out of bed without needing a shot of whiskey.