Notices

Funked up :(

Old 08-18-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Funked up :(

Hi everyone,

Still stuck in this funk. Went about my day, went to a good AA meeting tonight, but am still feeling so sad. I found myself wishing I could have a drink to dull this stupid funk I'm in....but I can't.

I don't understand, I've been feeling so good, and I'm so blah. Tomorrow will be my 100th day sober and I should be so happy...I am grateful for that, but how do I reconsile the other crap feelings?

I just want to wake up positive like I had been. Even my dreams are funky as of late.

Thanks for listening and Good Night.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

lets hope for that better tomorrow i'm sorry to hear. You should be very proud!!! i dont have advice but really hope tmrw is different
Old 08-18-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I certainly was in a funk at three months. I had ups and downs for a while.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I also noticed a sudden slump not long after quitting drinking. The first week felt like I was on cloud 9, then *boom*, in a funk. I tried various AA groups and found one where the people seem to be genuinely happy to be there and laugh a lot. That really helped. I also started taking B vitamins to boost my energy so even though I felt "blah', I wouldn't be worn out. You could be suffering from post-acute-withdrawal syndrome during which depression and anxiety are totally normal but if they're getting the better of you it would be a good idea to discuss it with your doctor. I've found that the less free time I have to be bored, the happier I am so I constantly keep myself busy with something. So much so that I haven't sat and bored myself to death with TV in weeks now. Boredom is my biggest trigger without a doubt.

Remember that sobriety is the "normal" state of things and your brain is more or less mourning the loss of booze. It takes time to recover. But never think "Oh no, I've gotta do this for the rest of my life" because you don't. Just for the next 24 hours. If you have a copy of The Big Book, read chapter 5. It may help.

Best wishes to you!