Notices

The danger voice...

Old 08-18-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The danger voice...

I've fallen victim to it today...I had 2 weeks (14 strong days) today.

Fell victim to it...Excuses...(2 weeks wow!...Reward time!...Boss isn't in the office?! Reward time!....PLEASE DO NOT fall victim to this...I ran and disposed of 1/2 of it...But not before i poured the first 1/2 of it down my throat...Now i get to deal with the after-math...I did call my sponsor and several friends in AA after i disposed of the rest of it...Didn't give me much piece of mind though.

I fall back to Day one tomorrow...Do NOT give in...Day TWO is coming...I am sick and tired of this...Alcohol GO AWAY! I HATE YOU!!!
Old 08-18-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I fell into the same trap many times, so don't be too hard on yourself. Just realize the triggers that make you want to drink so you'll have a defense against them.
It took me many tries to quit. I hope this one is your last.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Working-cl*** pseudo tough

FTW (love your handle acronym BTW), some people learn how to ride a bike the first time they get on it. Others fall down a lot.

The kid who never falls down doesn't know how to deal with it when they do. The kid who falls down a lot brushes the gravel off their knees, and gets right back on.

But as I tell my kids, "Pain is a great teacher" - use the pain you feel now as an incentive, brush off your knees, and get back on that bike.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's in the past, go at things again!!

However reaching out for support BEFORE having that drink is maybe something to consider as a way forward, there's always going to be those thoughts in the early days, we need to short circuit them somehow!!