Notices

Something scary last night...

Old 08-18-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

Something scary last night...

Okay, so, I've been on and off the wagon still struggling with new sobriety.

Well, last night something really scary started happening to my body. I was laying in bed, naturally falling asleep, and I didn't touch a single drink yesterday except for my love of water and I took some melatonin to help for a more restful sleep. Then suddenly my body started vibrating and I broke out in a cold sweat. I suddenly knew I was going through withdrawal. I've experienced withdrawal before but it was a long time ago. They almost feel like flu symptoms. But that's not what scared me the most... what scared me is that every time I covered up I would feel my legs vibrating with heat (with a single sheet, and it was relatively cool in my bedroom with a fan blowing.) I would be cold though after only a few minutes and I would cover myself up again, and the same thing would happen. I put my hand over my heart and it wasn't beating regularly. I kept taking breaths and could do that fine, and I would yawn as much as I could to get air to my brain because I seriously thought I would have seizure. I tried everything possible to get myself comfortable so that I wouldn't happen. I even considered getting up and calling 911. I just didn't feel right. My body was just vibrating, and I felt numb at some times.

Now, I understand the cause of this feeling. Drinking too much. But I never felt this scared before going through withdrawal. Ugh. When I woke up this morning, I wasn't hungover, no headache, but my body still feels pretty intense.

Thoughts please? Has anyone ever felt like this before? The consequences of this disease are horrible.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would consult a doctor about this. Don't know your history, but it's nothing to mess around with.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I guess I am confused- you said you didn't drink yesterday, but you were going through withdrawal- did you get hammered the night before, and were still drunk?

Not judging- Just asking.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, see a doctor.

If it's withdrawal B vitamins and benzos can help you, but you probably need a prescription for the latter.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi zana, YES! all of those plus what I can only descibe as "head shocks", jerking me awake at point of falling alseep. only thing that helped was to get out of bed. even when they diminished, i was pretty sure they were serious signs of withdrawal. It's not easy to admit,or ask for help, this I know, but please get help. right here with you......
Old 08-18-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

Hobbers, no, I didn't drink last night. However, I lost my job recently and I slept and drank for most of the weekend drowning my sorrows. I went through a deep depression and didn't want to talk to anyone or do anything. BUT, I didn't drink yesterday because I was determined to get out of my rut and get back on track. Maybe it was the reaction to the melatonin. It is a new brand I've never tried. I went to bed fine before I took that.

I do have an appointment with my doctor next week but I'm going to see if I can move it up to this week.

LBrain, I am normally a healthy human being who hardly falls ill. This just scared me.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Best checking in with a Dr, just to be safe!!
Old 08-18-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

I'm feeling a little better. Actually doing some drawing, which usually calms me down, and drinking herbal tea. Unfortunately, I can't see my doctor any time sooner. I have to way nearly two weeks until I can get in. Sucks. Oh well. Not drinking today.