Notices

2 weeks...Thoughts wandering. :(

Old 08-18-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks...Thoughts wandering. :(

So today makes 2 weeks. 14 days...And the *flawed* AV thoughts are back again in FULL force this morning...2 weeks?! You deserve a reward for all that!

I'm at work today...But the bosses are away for the day...Which also throws another layer of temptation into this...

Really don't want to throw away my 2 weeks for nothing...And i'm not going to act on any of these thoughts.

Thoughts are just thoughts...I'm making an ACTION instead and coming here to post about them.

AA meeting tonight. Just need to get through the day.

Thanks for reading.

Have a safe and sober day everyone.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job recognizing your AV!

Keep as much separation as you can between the rational you and the AV within you.

Stare the beast down and take control of your life. You can do it.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job recognizing the AV and telling it to take a hike! You are winning the fight. Just don't pick up and the battle is yours!
Old 08-18-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

YAY for you! So glad you posted and have a plan. Tell that AV to SHUT UP! If I could, I'd come over there and punch it in the throat for you!!!
Old 08-18-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

2 Weeks is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!

For me a period of abstinence in no way cures or fixes me, that 1st drink will always lead to the same thing, why would not?!!
Old 08-18-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Two weeks is a great accomplishment. As you say, thoughts are just thoughts. But.... When I am having those thoughts I voice them to someone. It gives them less power over my actions. If you are going to an AA meeting tonight, maybe voice those thoughts out loud at the meeting. Or pull someone aside at the meeting and talk to them about it. I've found that very helpful in hushing the AV.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A weeks is great, keep with it!
Old 08-18-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job on 2 weeks FTW.

You are doing great, don't give in, no matter what. As soon as I recognize my AV kicking in, I try to change my scenery. Do something, anything different to change your thought pattern...

You can do it; 2 weeks is proof. Keep going!
Old 08-18-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Two weeks is a great accomplishment. As you say, thoughts are just thoughts. But.... When I am having those thoughts I voice them to someone. It gives them less power over my actions. If you are going to an AA meeting tonight, maybe voice those thoughts out loud at the meeting. Or pull someone aside at the meeting and talk to them about it. I've found that very helpful in hushing the AV.
I know this is true for me. Secrecy is the worse thing I can do. So I start blabbing on SR, to my hubby, to my AA home group. My AV hates it when I call in the troops. It loves it when I keep my mouth shut and sink into the secrecy. Posting here is a great step.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
instant

the tempting times will come and go, there are urges still to come- they will pass if you don't cave. For me feeling good was always a trap that tripped me early. Over time I came to see that the issue is between me and alcohol - other people come into it as "reasons" to drink. I can now be safe alone- even though if I drank "no one would know". Thats not to say I can ever be completely safe from temptation- it's always an ongoing issue- but thats the same for many other things in life- it is only a big deal if we make it so.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Findingtheway, 2 weeks is FANTASTIC, congratulations, and yes, good job recognizing the AV, rootin for ys.