Notices

Hello!! On & Off and ready to commit

Old 08-17-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Hello!! On & Off and ready to commit

I'm tired of wasting my days
tired of wasting my money
wasting my potential
I dont want to blame drugs but drugs consume my days and I am a sluggish wreck when high or drunk and dont like my productivity or just how I feel period!
Help me stay on point, I can do this ! My girlfriend smokes regularly and drinks everynight, my sister, everyone around me, and I want to stay in my own zone. Need to.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Charles!

You found a great place - glad you reached out for some help and hope.

We are with you - keep on reading and posting.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

LOVE!! Im dying inside getting older and stuck. i need to clense my whole inside and get away i need to rebuild this hell hole i built up
Old 08-18-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welocme to the Forum Charles!! Great to have you onboard!!
Old 08-18-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Welocme to the Forum Charles!! Great to have you onboard!!
great to be here really!!
Old 08-18-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CharlesG View Post
LOVE!! Im dying inside getting older and stuck. i need to clense my whole inside and get away i need to rebuild this hell hole i built up

Hi. I guarantee life will become worse if continuing down the path you describe your on, it’s that simple. I personally don’t do pain well so my awakening was clear after that was told to me by the professional old timers in AA.
I found the way to get and stay sober required self honesty about my drinking and accepting that I cannot drink in safety again. After that work is needed to stay sober and live a life that’s mostly peaceful.

BE WELL
Old 08-18-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IOAA2 View Post
Hi. I guarantee life will become worse if continuing down the path you describe your on, it’s that simple. I personally don’t do pain well so my awakening was clear after that was told to me by the professional old timers in AA.
I found the way to get and stay sober required self honesty about my drinking and accepting that I cannot drink in safety again. After that work is needed to stay sober and live a life that’s mostly peaceful.

BE WELL
It gets frustrating but really I was hiding behind my use, I never was happy just floating through life letting time pass me by, please keep sharing with me I'm inspired by the paragraph and need to remind myself that life will not get better through continuing with my vices and actually takes the work!
Thank you
Old 08-18-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

Welcome!!

I'm there right with you with others I love drinking all around me. You're definitely not alone. Don't hide from us like I've done. Be happy, and keep talking to us. You can get through this!!! You're never alone.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome CharlesG, wise decision to join us.

You may have to change your surroundings and associations in order to help you get through the early days of this. Be careful.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by CharlesG View Post
I dont want to blame drugs but drugs consume my days and I am a sluggish wreck when high or drunk and dont like my productivity or just how I feel period!
When I quit, I blamed drinking for most of what my life had turned into. A couple weeks into sobriety, my life hadn't improved. Who could I blame now? Shockingly, I had to look in the mirror and started accepting responsibility for my life, of which drinking was just a symptom.