Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

I may be a doormat but I know you've been drinking and lying. :(

Old 08-16-2014, 10:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

May exABF just called me and unfortunately for me I picked it up. He is telling me he misses and he loves me and I will always have a special place in his heart. And that he wants me and wants to be with me and it's always been me. Blah blah blah and then it was all about sex. Really? Really?!!?!? You love me and miss me after you dumped me for another woman who you say you are not involved with but you tell me she might come in your room and watch a tv and fall asleep in your bed. Really?!?!
Yes I'm a doormat and I love you but I'm not stupid that i can't figure out that you're drunk and lying to me. Argghhhhhhh! I'm frustrated with him and I'm frustrated with myself. I know better, I deserve better, and I definitely need to put me first. I need to go no contact again. It was 4 months no contact and now I blew it.
Come on heart, keep up with the my brain.

And now I'm sad again and hurt and feeling betrayed and angry and stressed and.......
Old 08-16-2014, 11:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, don't beat yourself up. When we know better, we do better.

You picked up the phone and now you're in a world of hurt. I've been there. We learn. And then the next time, we don't pick up. And the time after that, we may simply decide to block his number for good.

Be gentle with yourself. (((hugs)))
Old 08-17-2014, 12:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

lovenlies.....I love your avitar, and it seems very fitting for you, right now.....LOL.

Make it into signs and put them all around your house!!!!!

dandylion
Old 08-17-2014, 01:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't hold it against yourself too hard. That always seems to be the toughest thing. So many of us really are our own worst critics. I believe what is important is that you recognized this is not something you can do to yourself anymore. Aside from that, as my sister was telling me, It is not our Mistakes that define us but how we respond to them.

I have faith in you!
Old 08-17-2014, 03:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Don't beat yourself up, ok you answered his call but you you didn't fall for his lies that's a positive and shows how strong you have become. As I've been told many times get back on the horse and start your no contact again. It's not square one it's a blip.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Pia

I've done this before. Progress not perfection. Take it as a lesson learned and read your advatar.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for taking the time to support me when you guys are also going through stuff. I hope you know it's much appreciated.

I was wondering how long before my heart catches up to my brain? And what else can I do to help that process along? I was hoping it would be like a habit thing. cause apparently getting over a guy and all the heart break and pain and broken dreams and promises..... doesn't take 3 months.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It takes a little longer When you see that number and no longer even want to pick up the phone you'll know your heart has come a long ways.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Pia

Everyone is different. I think the harder you work on you and apply apply apply the better you will feel.

I accept the feelings I have when I am down in the dumps and try not to push the feelings away this helps me to analyze and accept.

The past is the past to me. I don't do it perfectly but I am feeling better.