Notices

ER, ugh

Old 08-16-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ER, ugh

Panic attack, bleh. Told them about drinking history. "Anxiety not uncommon in early recovery". This I know. Hate that feeling that I'm about to die from heart attack or stroke out. Nothing to do but go to bed now I guess.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope you are ok?
Old 08-16-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mapp I suffer from extreme anxiety attacks, and by extreme I mean I've passed out, I've spent days in my house worried about everything and anything, and honestly things that most likely won't happen.

Anxiety is rough, real rough, and I know how strong and powerful it can really be, know that you aren't going to die. Your mind and body are playing dirty tricks on you, and that no matter you will survive. I am saying this, because my anxiety has honestly, about daily for sometime, ticked me into thinking I was going to die one way or another, but I am still here!

Hang in there, try to find things to divert your attention, if nothing else try to focus on the positive and not the negative. Very, very hard, I know...

Glad you posted today, I hope you all the best, please be kind to yourself and know that you always have here 24 7 to come to for support help whatever!
Old 08-16-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am, thank you buggirl! Home resting, thank goodness nothing more serious but anxiety...which can be trwmendously sucky, but not life threatening, even though it can feel that way.

Lots of worry about no job, lack of income lately, which probably precipitated the panic attack. Glad I had SR to come home to. I'd like to settle down and watch a movie, read a book, etc,,but can't stay focused just yet. So I'll hang out here for a bit....
Old 08-16-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you TDG! I agree with and relate to all you said about anxiety. Years of struggling with it,,but it,can still throw me for a loop. Glad I have SR to hang out with,tonight! Thanks for your words of understanding!
Old 08-16-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mapp, a lot of us struggle with panic attacks and I think it's fair to expect things to improve. And, you will be able to handle things better.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you're feeling a bit better!!
Old 08-16-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad you are at home mapp. I found that with my ongoing sobriety I do not suffer from panic attacks any more. I do, however, participate in counseling on a regular basis as well as take medication for my depression. My overall anxiety has really gone out the window with my sobriety. I hope this happens for you too. It takes time to get the mind and body back in sync again but it does happen.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you got checked out mapp

There's a lot on panic attacks on this website:
Panic & Panic Disorder « Calm Clinic
Old 08-17-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hoping anxiety meds and antideppressants now can do their thing sans alcohol!
Old 08-17-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I also still attend individual counseling and support group in addition to now, SR. Today I am trying to work on long -neglected stuff around the house. Hopfully some productivity will get endorphins rolling
Old 08-17-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Could somebody please work on that "shut off switch" mentioned elsewhere....it would certainly be worth gazillions and not just in a monetary sense !
Old 08-17-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

How about Klonopin? .5 mg twice a day works for me.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

hi again, they gave me 2mg lorezepam at ER, to take every 8 hours for anxiety. the one i took at bedtime still makes me feel kind of loop. is this a typical dose? anyone have experience with this med? thank you!