Notices

my last day one...

Old 08-16-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my last day one...

I have been having a hard time staying sober but I have hit rock bottom. Many times on this forum I've read it takes hitting rock bottom to realize you need to stop. So today it starts I've dumped the rest of my poison down the sink and I am ready to start my life over sober. Sobriety is the only way for me. I can't drink alcohol once I start I can't stop and it's actually kind of scary and sad . A few times when I went to buy beer at the store i had to take my 17 month old son with me how awful does that look my son in my arm and a case of beer in my hand. I'm so ashamed that i ever did that . One time the cashier said daddy's teaching you bad tricks I'll never forget her saying that . But anyways I will be on SR more often then I was before posting more then before. This past month has been full of day 1s. I tried quiting cigarettes to I lasted 2 days I was so miserable. Such a strange tight feeling in my stomach and the days just last forever I think it's harder then quiting drinking. But tomorrow I'm going to give that another go too . I once was on great shape now I can barely keep up with my son because I'm out of breath . So tomorrow I'm quiting smoking as well . I bought a ton of gum and sunflower seeds .
Old 08-16-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're working on your recovery.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can do this, it all starts with a Day 1, it's important to get a good plan of support in place for when those thoughts of drinking crop up again!!

It can be done, and SR is in your corner!!
Old 08-16-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi foryoumyson. You sound ready.

It took me years to admit that I had no control & that willpower could never work for me. All the chaos I caused was ridiculous. It's never going to be fun again - we can't be social drinkers. Time to get free. You can do it.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you can make this your turning point FYMS

D
Old 08-16-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yay you!
Old 08-16-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you, formyson, and your commitment to being a good dad is admirable.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Another tough one is after work I'm beat so tired and just want to go to bed but my son's the energizer bunny and dosent stop untill he sleeps so I have a few drinks and it's a big boost it gives me energy so that's going to be a tough one to but I can't do that anymore. My girlfriend works nights and she gets pissed because she knows I'm drinking and if something happens to him and I'm drunk what's going to happen then. Bring him to the hospital drunk or if I pass out and he's awake you know. So it's time for this to change I want to be a good father and right now I'm the worse one he could have... I want to be his role model someone he looks up to not someone he's ashamed of. My father was always a drunk and I know how that feels and I always swore I wouldn't drink but that didn't last. For example this past weekend my father wanted me to go with him to look for a new car . I thought we'd have a good time father and son. We stopped at one dealership he didn't see much so then he stopped at a store said he needs a drink I thought he would get a water or a soda no he buys a 24 Oz beer. So now we're driving around and he's drinking and driving it's like come on man. Then he test drives a car after having that beer. 1 beers not much but that's not the point it's just that he's a bad influence so if I'm sober I have to keep my distance from him too.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

We are going to do this for our sons TOGETHER
Old 08-16-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good job brother. I have tons of day ones. Im only on day 2. But you can do this man. I am pulling for you.