Courage To Change 08/15/14

Old 08-15-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 08/15/14

After living in the chaos of an alcoholic relationship, it can be hard to know the difference between a minor inconvenience and a major crisis. Al-Anon’s slogan, “How Important Is It?” helps many of us to regain some sense of proportion. When plans fall through, when unexpected bills arrive, when I am disappointed in someone’s response, I can ask myself, “How important is it?” Most of the time I find that what I might have viewed as a disaster is really insignificant. If I try to keep my attention on this day instead of worrying about possible future consequences,
I can take my disappointment or irritation at face value and refuse to dramatize it. Because of this simple slogan, many days that I would once have seen as tragic are now filled with serenity and confidence.

Today’s Reminder
Today, if I encounter an upsetting situation, I will ask myself, “How important is it?” before I react. I may find that it is not important enough to sacrifice my serenity.
“It is almost as important to know what is not serious as to know what is.”
John Kenneth Galbraith
Old 08-15-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Sorry for posting so late, I got stuck working 3 back to back shifts and I cannot post the dailies from my cell.
This is a VERY good reading for me today because I have a tendency to get very neurotic and make mountain out of mole hills.

How I see myself

How my boss sees me