Notices

Letter To Alcohol

Old 08-14-2014, 01:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Letter To Alcohol

Dear Alcohol,

I guess it’s time to say goodbye. We had a good run. But, you got the better of me and I slowly declined into a shell of the person I was. I have hurt everyone I know. I have lost all of my friends. Upset my Children. All down to you. You sucked the life out of me slowly. I have come to realise you are friends with lots of other people and you hurt them too. You start out just flirting, then dating which was fun. Then Marriage. The Marriage then fell apart and you ripped me apart. Mentally and physically. I had dark thoughts and you nearly brought me to suicide.
So now. It’s time I have to divorce you. I am sorry you will receive no money from this Divorce. In fact. I get to keep all of the Money from our split. I have no idea what you have done to my insides. Especially my heart. But, I know that it was making me die.

I am afraid we can never see each other again. Not even too Flirt. We have tried that and it we always end up out for 4 days and waking up in bed together.
You are dangerous and you took away my life.
So now I am going to take it my life back.

M.

I got the Idea from Elton John RE: Cocaine.

It helped.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I like this idea... I think mine is gonna be a little more streamlined;

Dear Alcohol;

You had me hoodwinked for a good long while there. I followed your false promises down the tunnel and turned a blind eye to all you were robbing from me. One day, I took a look back and saw what I was losing. I looked in the mirror, saw what I was becoming. I looked into the eyes of others you'd deceived - saw where I was heading.

This relationship is over. I'm done with your lies. I deserve more and the world deserves a better me.

Don't bother calling. It's over.

~FreeOwl~
Old 08-14-2014, 02:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Very Cool FreeOwl! Thanks!
Old 08-14-2014, 02:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dear alcohol

There was a time when I barely knew you. We met a few times but while you were messing up my family and friends, you just never seemed to be able to get a real hold of me. I sometimes wondered if you killed my Grandad, my family never told me how he died.

I never swore against you, occasionally we'd be together, but my heart was never in it. I guess if I knew how strongly you would take me I'd have made an effort to stay away, but I always assumed I was in control. Because I always had been.

But you found a way.

In the worst moments of my life you came in like a life-jacket to save me from drowning in fear and anxiety. I thought you were helping, a temporary solution. I didn't realise until it was too late that while you were keeping my head above water the tide was pushing me towards chaos. I should have toughened up and let my head fall below water for a little while, the water was only shallow, after all.

Everytime I try to go back into the water I start to drowned again and you're there, although I sink further every time. You were only supposed to be temporary, now it's been over 3 years and I'm still on this island.

There's only one way out, I'm going to learn to swim.

One day you'll fall past the horizon.

Ben.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

MichaelJo....not sure if you've seen this thread, but it is a great read also.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/..._________.html
Old 08-14-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nice Mr Ben. Very thought provoking.

Thanks Croissant I will have a read.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nice post!!