Notices

9 days of headaches

Old 08-13-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

9 days of headaches

Today is day 9 and hopefully my headache has finally gone! Is that normal? I've drunk in the evenings for years - about a bottle of wine a day plus weekends. A severe hangover really frightened me and I stopped the next day but no way did I expect to sweat profusely for 4 nights, have major headaches a week later and itchy skin which has just started...otherwise feel strong and present- which is a nice change!
Old 08-13-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please check with your dr if you have symptoms that concern you.

Congratulations on Day 9.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

There's always withdrawal symptoms. If they get worrisome, head for the doctor. Congratulations.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Failure Is Not An Option

Hello Bufobufo. This itchy skin is brand new to me. Recovery symptoms are like peeling an onion. There's layer after layer after layer. I'm 27 days sober. Last week I started experiencing itchy skin. I'm itchy all over. I just thought it was the soap I was using. Bufobufo, persistent headaches are terrible and I empathize with you. Hopefully, they've subsided. I've been itchy for about a week and it seems to be better today. So if it is part of recovery, it didn't last long for me. I wish the same for you. Time heals all wounds. Please be patient. Resolv
Old 08-13-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on 9 days Bufobufo.

I've had some pretty bad headaches since I stopped drinking too. Seemed to subside for a while but back again past couple of days.

If you are worried, get to a doctor just to make sure. Better safe than sorry.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 9 days! Well done
Old 08-13-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 9 days I too had headaches for about the first two weeks hated it made me grind my teeth. Also I had this itch like feeling but to me it was like my body was searching for every last drop of alcohol in my body to help the cravings. Man I hated that! But after two weeks it lessened and a month later the phyiscal craving for me was gone, Thank You Creator. So hang In There It Will Pass just stay busy and know it will go away.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you

Thanks for the encouragement - it makes such a difference! Now Day 10 and finally I wake up without a headache the itching is weird, but it seems common enough to hope it will subside. What I have noticed is that I feel positive - I have taken anti- depressants for 5 years, perhaps now I'm finally giving them a chance to work properly without the counterbalance of alcohol every night? This is a great site- I wish I'd found it before I woke up to the problem!
Old 08-14-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The body needs time to heal, it can't repair years worth of drinking in a matter of days or weeks!!

Hang in there!!