Chemical dependency evaluation

Old 08-12-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Chemical dependency evaluation

So my estranged AH has a mandatory chemical dependency evaluation coming up soon. The evaluator has nearly 40 years of experience and my attorney is very familiar with his work and is confident that AH will wind up in some sort of treatment.

It is my understanding that I will be speaking to the evaluator as well to provide collateral information. I know my question here can be answered vaguely at best, and that is okay.

Could you please give me some insights as to roughly what I could be asked, info that is important to provide, etc.? I guess I'm just trying to get a feel for what might be asked of me and how I can best help myself and AH, even though we are divorcing.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Honestly, the best thing I can recommend, is to document every interaction, keep witnesses on hand, and only communicate from here on in, in writing.

Good luck to you, as this can be a long, hard road.

(((Hugs)))
Old 08-12-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We are estranged and I have multiple protectice orders. Documentation is not an issue either.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

The best advice I can offer is to be brutally honest. No matter how much they've hurt us, that instinctive need to protect them can kick in at the worst possible times. This is not one of those times where you should soften the blow. I actually had someone from my AM's therapist call me today to ask if I thought she had a problem. Well, let's see. I haven't spoken to her in over two years and neither have my kids. Her mother moved out because of her shenanigans, and her house was auctioned off today on the courthouse steps. Yep, I'd say she has a problem. No sugarcoating here.