Notices

no hangovers

Old 08-12-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

no hangovers

O.K. Here is a question for everyone. I never have the urge to drink during the day. It strikes around 4 or 5 in the early evening. I will then drink 12 drinks give or take. I drink until I go to bed. I wake up 8 hours later feeling for the most part fine. i will often get up and go for a nice long walk or run. when I don't drink for a few days, I feel much better. I guess what confuses me is where are the hangovers. In a weird way, I wish I got them. Don't get me wrong, it takes a half hour or so to shake the head fog but after that, I can hit a 3 mile run no problem. I am in my mid thirties and have been like this for over 10 years. Also, I know I have a problem. I am in no way using no hangovers as an excuse. i am just curious if there are others like me. thanks in advance.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No hangovers can be a sign of damage to the body, the body creates a chemical in response to breaking down alcohol, which is what causes a hangover, once alcoholism progresses and the body looses it's efficiency to break down alcohol the chemical isn't produced in similar quantities.

Regardless of the reason, it's time to get a handle on your drinking, a Dr would be able to run some tests on if there is indeed any issues on the inside!!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not me. My hangovers were a mix of fear, anxiety and remorse. They're what saved me from myself. I couldn't take them any more.
I had a friend who didn't get hangovers and he was a very heavy drinker. An admitted alcoholic.
I guess it's body chemistry. Don't know. But twelve drinks is a lot.
Since you're posting here I assume you may question whether you have a problem. Only you can answer that.
Maybe give drinking a break for awhile just to see if you can do it. That may answer your question.
Best to you.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was never sober, no hangover unless I really hit it hard. This gave me the impression I had no problem, just that morning fog you spoke of.

That did not last forever. The fog got worse and lasted longer the longer I drank. By the time I quit the fog lasted until three in the afternoon which was just about the time I had to rush home to get a drink.

It is progressive so what you have now may not be what you get ten years from now, at least that is how it was for me.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

At some point you are going to have hangovers. Hangovers are a form of withdrawal. Alcoholism gets worse, never better.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I usually felt rough the day after.

Worse than feeling bad, was the horrible depression, anxiety and feelings of helplessness. Alcohol was poisoning my body and mind, hangover or no hangover.