Notices

Going back to Dr?

Old 08-12-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going back to Dr?

After quitting shortly unsuccessfully twice I want to quit again. Each time I was prescribed a benzo to taper off and it worked great, I was able to quit cold turkey.

What will my doctor say if I go back yet again needing to quit?
Old 08-12-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know what your dr will say. I hope that you find a way to stop drinking and stay sober.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your Dr has seen it all before, focus on your Sobriety and do whatever it takes!!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Do you need Benzo's? Are you having withdraw symptoms? And, what makes this time any different, if you've already quit using benzos but went back? Just a few things to think about. My experience was that I could not quit on my own. Took a program of recovery for me. There are lot's of options!
Old 08-13-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't know if I need them or not, I'm just scared to quit cold turkey. If I knew for sure I could do so safely I would. The pills I was prescribed before worked like a charm.

First time I sobered up I was very focused. I finally hit the 28 day mark and felt AMAZING. Lost about 25lbs, was sleeping great...full of energy. So I "rewarded" myself with half a bottle of wine. Real smart.

Second time it didn't last very long. I was unfocused. My heart wasn't in it.

This time I know for a fact there's no middle ground. No "just one cold beer". I want total sobriety for the rest of my life. Just thinking about it excites me. Also, I've found a church group for addiction that seems really good.

I just don't want the dr to think I'm scamming him for pills. Also, I really really hate going to the doctors office. Haha.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Any professional doctor worth his salt understands that with addiction this happens all the time and wouldn't be judgmental. I wouldn't worry about it. Go, ask for help, it's what they're there for.