Notices

Back again after another rock bottom.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again after another rock bottom.

Hi everyone. I hit rock bottom again yesterday and had a bad panic attack and actually cut myself deliberately just for a cry for help. I'm not a self harmer by any means but just wanted my wife to see how much I need her help.

We are going to the doctors to discuss these issues and will be at a meeting tomorrow and today is my day 1.

Just thought i'd check in with you all as its been so long and since I relapsed on 28th Feb I haven't stopped drinking since.

RJ
Old 08-12-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're getting help....

welcome, keep on posting and remember that we are here to help.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back and seeking support.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back. I am happy you are seeking help. Everything is going to be okay!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck mate. Forget the past, it's never too late to make a change, even if you hit 80 years old. This time make the steps towards getting away from it different. Sounds like seeking medical advice is a good start.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome back. Glad the harm to yourself was not too serious

Originally Posted by RJY9 View Post
I'm not a self harmer by any means but just wanted my wife to see how much I need her help.
What help are you expecting from your wife?
Old 08-12-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm glad to see you back.
Hope that you can get some help for issues that you might have other than alcohol.
Where the latter is concerned, it's worth remembering that our sobriety, in the end, cannot be dependent upon anything or anybody.....
Be safe.
G
Old 08-12-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you're working on your recovery again. What can you do different this time to prevent any more relapses?
Old 08-12-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i just wonder how you will cope should you lose your wife ?
from experience we end up losing everyone around us who cared or loved us as we just will not give up the love affair we have for the booze

i do hope one day your not posting on here help me as my wife has gone as you really can do something about it to make sure that day never comes

there is no magic wand or no magic pill that will stop us from picking up the drink we have to be prepared to do that side of things ourselves

just dont pick up that first drink and you can not get drunk and do silly things

for me aa shown me how to live my life daily without needing or wanting to pick up that first drink, but i had to want it more than i have ever wanted anything in my life
i only got to that point of desperation after i lost it all

i try today to show others they dont have to lose it all like i did and they can save what they have should they want it

i hope you can find your way out my friend but for me aa was the only way, there are many other options open to people today like rehabs and online etc so there is bound to be something that can help you should you want it

but at the end of the day its down to you, carry on drinking and things will only get worse that much is a certainy
good luck to you
Old 08-12-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome back and know you can beat alcohol for good. Cutting yourself to show your wife you need help is not the answer Friend. She may be more confused about your drinking than you, but that is just speculation on my part. I myself hit rock bottom on several occasions. After doing the work I realized without emotional sobriety I was always at the bottom……..just another spot at the bottom. Abstinence from alcohol is the start……prepares you to do the work. Never give up……before you know it you will feel at Joy and Peace so overwhelming there will be no doubt you are on the right track. You can do this!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Go at it again RJ!! You'll get there!!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back RJ. Have you accepted that you cannot drink?
Old 08-12-2014, 02:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad to see you back RJY.
I hope you can make this your turning point

Welcome back!
D
Old 08-12-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((RJY9)))...glad to see you! It's been awhile friend. I was gone for a spell myself. I am so very glad you are seeking outside help apart from this wonderful community. I know I wouldn't trade this place in for the world as a sobriety support...but I know how much I have benefited from therapy..as well as real world recovery groups.

It saddens me to hear you "cite your wife" as any reason remotely associated to you self harming. Well..it's just very unfair to put that sort of thinking anywhere near another soul. I hope you understand what I mean by that. To have the support and understanding of a loved one is so incredibly wonderful..but we must captain our recovery without fail. There are folks around here that are trying to stay sober (who suffer addiction)..with SO's encouraging them to drink and telling them they don't have a problem. It's additionally challenging..but you MUST want this for yourself..to be a better husband and father (I think you have kids? Sorry if I am mistaken). This is your fight sweet soul...all yours...support of others not in this same ship..is tasty icing on the cake.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome back!