Notices

30 days and

Old 08-12-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 days and

it's not easy, but I'm managing. The thing that gets me most is that I don't feel any better, maybe worse in some respects. The extreme afternoon fatigue of the first 20 days is gone, but I find from after 8pm I'm done. And I used to get up before my alarm went off in the morning, now v it's a struggle between me and the snooze button. Also, it's almost funny, but my fear of weekend lonliness..... joke's on me I'm napping on the couch from late afternoon every Saturday. Also, I'm actually LESS sharp and on target at work, making silly mistakes and forgetting things. I'm waiting impatiently, to wake up feeling great and to accomplish more. I really wanted to enroll in university this fall to finish the last 12 credits towards my degree, but I don't think I can manage. Just sad that all my hard efforts aren't paying off in the way I wanted. Btw, aside from drinking I've maintained a rather healthy lifestyle, esting right and working out. I've also just added more vitamins. Plus I've dtopped 10 lbs this month, just on giving up alcohol and some alcohol induced snaking. Should be healthier than every. Sigh, sorry if this got whiney.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there, pumpkinny. I believe things will get so much better for you if you just hang on! You are doing all the right things.

And congratulations on your progress!!!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on 30 days! The old cliche is true, it just takes time. It can take several months. And think back...do you honestly believe you feel worse now than when you were drinking? Not too long ago you wrote this....

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...dont-miss.html
Old 08-12-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, Pumpkinny I could have written your post, all the way down to the 10 pound weight loss. I am at day 37 today and I am slowly starting to see some improvement in my mood and energy. And I mean slowly. Congrats on 30 days. I hope you start to see some improvement too.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It all improves with time!! Keep pushing through!!

30 Days is fantastic!!
Old 08-12-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! @Scott-thanks for the reminder, I wasn't thinking of all that these past few days. Think I aphid write out a list of all the horrible things drinking causes and keep it nearby. @Mindful-I've been reading your post. Glad you're making progress, even it's slow. I'll be following right behind you!
Old 08-12-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many sober months. And take heart, it will get better.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done on 30 days pumpkinny. You probably have to give your body a little more time to heal. Or perhaps increase your workout routine if possible. Have you seen your Dr.? Now that you've been sober, a complete physical may be a good idea; there could be an underlying issue that has nothing to do with your drinking.