Notices

Things are going well

Old 08-12-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cat Lady

Things are going well

Good morning! Checking in!

Things are going very well right now! I'm quite surprised. Beyond the occasional wine craving and headache, I'm feeling quite wonderful. Woke up on day 18 sober!

I straightened things out with my new psychiatrist yesterday (I posted on the mental health board about that one). Long story short, she was just doing her job and had to drug test me because she didn't know me (my old psychiatrist never did that because she trusted me, it was a whole trust issue). There was nothing to hide. Drugs were not my issue, it was alcohol so drug test was clean of course. I'm no longer crabby about that.

My relationship with my boyfriend is going better than ever!

I start my last semester of undergrad in two weeks, super excited to not be hung over in morning classes! I graduate December 14th!

I have an interview today for a research assistant position which would look great for my grad school application! The research is in exactly what I want to go to grad school for! :-) I'm hoping I get it!

I would have never even had the courage or thought to apply to this research position if I had been drinking. I was quite down on myself about it and didn't have confidence that I could do that. Now that I'm thinking more clearly, I applied and got an interview!

AND I've already lost some poundage offer quitting drinking and getting healthy/exercising!
Woo hOO!

It seems like things are all falling into place now! I'm quite excited to see what else the future brings. I'm so excited that a year from now, I'll be gearing up grad school, sober! If I get in... (I'm quite confident I will. I did very well in undergrad despite my drinking)

I need this sobriety more than ever to start grad school. It couldn't have come at a better time!

Sorry for the long post! I'm just happy and thankful for sobriety and everything that has come along with it! :-)

Have a fabulous Tuesday!
Old 08-12-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear all is well Rosie

D
Old 08-12-2014, 03:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 18 days, Keep on keeping on! Have a great day
Old 08-12-2014, 03:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Isn't it great to be sober? I love reading posts like this, congrats.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 18 is fantastic Rosie!! Keep it going!!
Old 08-12-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love this thread. I'm feeling a little sad today and loving all the encouraging posts on SR. YAY for US for making this happen!!!
Old 08-12-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 18! Seeing everyones sucess while I am doing to same is so encouraging!