Hello...I'm new

Old 04-03-2002, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Post Hello...I'm new

Hi... I'm so glad that I've found this site!I've read a few post and I have so much in common with alot of you.
I'm 36 and have 3 children 9,5, and 3. I've been separated from my husband for 1 1/2 years. We met in Nov.93' started living together soon after and then married. He is an alcoholic. He's been emotionally and physically abusive only towards me never the kids although he does now try to make them spies and drills them with questions all of the time.
You would think that I would be doing better by now but it seems just like yesterday that he moved out. He's lied, cheated, manipulated, and has physically hurt me but I still love him. Why?? Am I crazy?
I've be thinking about going to Al-Anon meetings for about six months. I've finally decided that I'm going to a meeting tonight. Wish me luck!!
My husband wants to get back together. He quit drinking 13 days ago. He's been going to AA meetings every night. This was a very big step for him and I'm proud of him but I'm not jumping back in just like that. He has to work on the other issues as well. I also want to make sure that he's doing this for himself and not just to get me back.
Just wanted to give a little info about me and my situation.
Old 04-03-2002, 09:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You ARE a helluvagal!

It is so wise to work on your own recovery for awhile before even thinking about allowing your husband back into your home. You BOTH need to learn to change the patterns of the past. You're not crazy... you just haven't learned how to cope. Alanon can help. Enjoy your meeting!

Keep posting.
Hugs,
Smoke
Old 04-03-2002, 02:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Welcome!

You GO to that meeting, and keep in mind that one meeting isn't going to get you where you want to go. Give it a chance...and grab all the reading material you can get your hands on!

Good luck and let us know how it goes..

Paula
Old 04-04-2002, 04:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Helluvagal, WELCOME!!!

You will find lots of people here that have been down the road you are. Your name speaks out to all of us!!!

Your worries and fears are all normal, your being strong, keeping an open mind...that is really good. I am proud of you. Keep coming back here, let us know how your doing.
Hugs,
bonbon
Old 04-04-2002, 05:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi helluvagalnva,
Nice to meet you.
Morning Glory